Ultimate Fall Albums?

Started by sweatboard, Sep 15, 2011, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Quote from: Clarkwork on Sep 21, 2011, 08:51 AM
Quote from: el_chode on Sep 20, 2011, 10:08 PM
If you were born between 1980 and 1986 (or thereabouts) you will probably agree with this:

One of my favorite all time shows.  Do they have this on DVD anywhere now??

Yessir, except as far as I know Season 3 (the one without Michelle Trachtenberg) is not out
I'm surrounded by assholes

Clarkwork

Also, Pearl Jam's No Code album is a good one for Fall.  I think it was released late August when it first came out, but I remember playing it non stop.  I still think it's one of their best albums.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

woodnymph

Quote from: Clarkwork on Sep 21, 2011, 09:31 AM
Also, Pearl Jam's No Code album is a good one for Fall.  I think it was released late August when it first came out, but I remember playing it non stop.  I still think it's one of their best albums.

DEFINITELY  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

iLikeBeer

Quote from: el_chode on Sep 20, 2011, 10:08 PM
If you were born between 1980 and 1986 (or thereabouts) you will probably agree with this:

Or if you were born between 1971 and 1976, you might agree with this  ;):

Miracle Legion - You're The One Lee

kotchishm

I've got to say Radiohead "King of Limbs"  didn't like it too much at first but it's been raining and cold here the last few weeks.  It's perfect now, maybe just me.  If you didn't like it at first skip "Bloom" it worked for me.  Love it.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

woodnymph

woodnymph

Okayyyyyy here we gooooooooo!

The Flaming Lips My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion

Flaming Lips - "My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion (The Inner Life as Blazing Shield of Defiance and Optimism as Celestial Spear of Action)"

PoolOfAction

bowl of soup

The Church - Starfish (so much more than Under the Milky Way)
Twilight Singers - Blackberry Belle (great for any season and every moment)
Z
Husker Du- Candy Apple Grey (Can you imagine this was a major lable debut?  They must of been like, "What the fuck?")
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas (Bunch of artsy types who needed a punch in the nose, but man this is just so beautiful and atmospheric)
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

woodnymph

iLikeBeer

Quote from: bowl of soup on Sep 29, 2011, 05:12 PM
The Church - Starfish (so much more than Under the Milky Way)
Twilight Singers - Blackberry Belle (great for any season and every moment)
Z
Husker Du- Candy Apple Grey (Can you imagine this was a major lable debut?  They must of been like, "What the fuck?")
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas (Bunch of artsy types who needed a punch in the nose, but man this is just so beautiful and atmospheric)

Nice list and I especially agree with you on Husker Du.

Also, I saw Cocteau Twins live back in the day.  Galaxie 500 was opening so my friend and I went for the opening act.  Speaking of artsy types you wanted to punch in the face...  My friend and I were standing during Galaxie's set and douchebags behind us kept telling us to sit down.  We just ignored them of course and kept dancing to Galaxie!   :beer:  The Cocteaus ended up being a pretty good show fwiw and I do agree with your description of their music.  The tour I saw them was off the release of Heaven or Las Vegas.  Blue Bell Knoll is another favorite album of mine from this band.

RedPatokaSea

Nothing captures fall's nostalgia like It Still Moves.

woodnymph

Donovan - Fairytale album (released Oct. 22, 1965)

Donovan - Jersey Thursday

woodnymph

The rusted chains of prison moons
Are shattered by the sun...
I walk a road, horizons change
The tournament's begun...
The purple piper plays his tune,
The choir softly sing;
Three lullabies in an ancient tongue,
For the court of the crimson king...

MarkW

I had the Explosions in the Sky album All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone playing in the car during a late night, windy, rainy autumnal drive yesterday.  Perfect.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

buaawwww

For me, perfect Fall albums...

Howlin' Rain - self-titled
Black Crowes - Amorica
Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros - Streetcore
Pearl Jam - self-titled
Jeff Buckley - Mystery White Boy

These are the ones getting the most play by me right now...  ;D

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

peafunk31

Loves me some Tom Waits in the fall
Homer no function beer well without.

Hawkeye

Definitely agreed with the last two!!  have them both on vinyl, may have to give them a spin tonight while doing some serious cleaning

This has always sounded like fall to me:

This one is good (as are all their collaborations)

Any of M. Ward's fine, fine LP's...
We could.

peafunk31

QuoteDefinitely agreed with the last two!!  have them both on vinyl, may have to give them a spin tonight while doing some serious cleaning

Funny you should say that. Closing Time is in my regular cleaning mix. Its also a great album to enjoy with a glass of nice bourbon
Homer no function beer well without.