Ultimate Fall Albums?

Started by sweatboard, Sep 15, 2011, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

1. Nirvana - Incesticide

I played this tonight on the way home from work with all the windows down and the cool fall air rushing through the car.  I remember this record warming up many a fall nights of my youth.  Something about the tone and the guitar distortion and Kurdt's voice cutting through it all, it just feels like a fall evening, the smell of things burning in the cool night air, spent driving to nowhere particular.
There's Still Time.........

BH

All of them!   

Seriously though, so many things sound good in the fall.   Love is Hell, Aenima, and C&I come to my mind for some reason.

I'm listening to Insecticide tommorow.  Great thread.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Great calls Dave, Tool definatly remindes me of fall.  I think I'll break that out tomorrow.

el_chode

For me specifically it's At Dawn, Trail of Dead's Worlds Apart, and Live Phish 19
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

woodnymph

I literally was just going through my albums last night and stumbled into Tool, and I thought.... "well nah, not quite yet....."  I was in a pretty giddy type of mood and I could tell it wasn't exactly going to mesh... but oh it's coming.... oh it's coming...........
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

I think Z is more fall than At Dawn, Z came out during the fall too, October 4.

Gotta put Misfits on during the week of Halloween
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

wolof7

Sorry for the length, fall is my favorite musical season, I've thought about this a lot  :beer:

Another notable is Widespread Panic's 'Til the Medicine Takes. I know from a previous post that most forum members have no WSP love but just listen to the track Blue Indian and tell me it doesn't remind you of fall....

...Also good call with the Misfits, should we come up with a Halloween Mix Tape again this yr?....I think the first was lost among the board change-up
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Penny Lane

Wolof, those are great selections!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

woodnymph

Oooo I did not mean to forget

Iron & Wine - Woman King

For the greyest foggiest chillest autumn evenings............. it gives goosebumps
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

mjk73

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ALady

The new Jesse Sykes album, Marble Son, is currently my album of the fall.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

my fall albums:

I  know I'm late, but thank you all for pushing this album at me...I can't stop listening...

and I have to say, it took a while, but this album has grown on me  ;)

and can't get enough of this:

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 16, 2011, 09:11 AM
Oooo I did not mean to forget

Iron & Wine - Woman King

For the greyest foggiest chillest autumn evenings............. it gives goosebumps

A million times yes.

As soon as I saw this thread I thought "Neil Young". Seems quite a few of you agree.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

sweatboard

Ghosts_on_TV

Killdragon is a total fall album. They are starting work on the new album on Monday,btw.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

wolof7

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 16, 2011, 09:04 AM
Wolof, those are great selections!

Thanks Penny, I try to please, because I really do care about this kinda stuff :beer:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes