Bo Koster on Shopping Local, Box Sets and Recording in a Church - interview

Started by SaraBananaBear, Sep 16, 2011, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Found this here :D Interesting stuff, but I imagine this might be of most interest at the moment:

QuoteThere's been talk about a live box set in the works. Is there any word on planned release dates or additional info as to what material might be included in it?

We do plan on releasing the T5, five nights we played each record at Terminal 5 in NYC, in some shape or form. It's just a mountain of work to get through in terms of having everybody listen to the music, mixing it, putting it together and since we just put out a record the timing isn't great to put out something else like that. That's going be a big project - we're going to do it in the near future but we're probably not going have a whole lot of time while we're still touring. Not quite sure if the covers will be in the box set - I'm not sure how the licensing works. So we'll have to figure that out but definitely we're going to put something out, in some shape or form, in the near future.

Sounds like there is a lot of work ahead for you guys!

It takes all five of us to sit down and listen to like 99 songs or something. It's a lot of work just to listen to it and make notes. We have to figure out how to mix it and it usually takes about a month to mix a record that has 10 songs. So to mix a live record with like 90-some songs will be quite an undertaking.
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

e_wind

this is AWESOME but makes me think that it will not be announced on Monday which makes me think Monday WILL be an NYE announcement
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 16, 2011, 02:36 PM
this is AWESOME but makes me think that it will not be announced on Monday which makes me think Monday WILL be an NYE announcement

Indeed, it doesn't sound like it will be done anytime soon.
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket