Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Re band of snoozes, there are bands that make music made for a live performance as a warm up band, and there are great studio bands that do not warm the crowd up at all for an energetic show. This is the latter. They made my study soundtrack for 2 winter semesters, but I'm dreading the slowness and sleepyness. Sharon Jones is the perfect opening act for this. Gets the blood flowing
I'm surrounded by assholes

Apeskies

Early Xmas present to myself? HMMMM. I'd love to visit NYC again as a tourist!

mynameiscurt

I scored to GA tix, pretty stoked about it.  Also landed some Greensboro tickets in the front row.  Gotta love the Roll Call. 

As for Band of Horses, I have seen them twice now, they are excellent live.  Should be a great opener.

Roll Call Admin

Hey all,

Due to the overwhelming demand for GA tickets for the 12/14 show at MSG, Roll Call has gone back to the venue and fought for some more...if interested please go back to the ticketing page as they are available right now!

WSS2

firesofcanning

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 18, 2011, 10:49 PM
Nice! JYac will me coming!

Ewind------if you're coming solo, you should link up with Nate and another coming solo and stay at Hotel Pennsylvania (across the street from MSG). You can't get much closer. If you can split 2 or three ways, it might be doable? (159$ for King size bed and 184$ for 2 double beds).

http://www.hotelpenn.com/

Thanks for the hotel recommendation! Booked. Such a great deal!
[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

firesofcanning

Quote from: el_chode on Sep 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Re band of snoozes, there are bands that make music made for a live performance as a warm up band, and there are great studio bands that do not warm the crowd up at all for an energetic show. This is the latter. They made my study soundtrack for 2 winter semesters, but I'm dreading the slowness and sleepyness. Sharon Jones is the perfect opening act for this. Gets the blood flowing

i can understand you there. for sure. i know when i saw them here in Toronto I enjoyed the show but it didn't have as much energy as i thought it would. I love their records and i figured the live show would be more explosive...but MMJ is what i'm there for and BoH just sweetens the pot :)
[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

Hubcap

headhunter

Quote from: Roll Call Admin on Sep 19, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hey all,

Due to the overwhelming demand for GA tickets for the 12/14 show at MSG, Roll Call has gone back to the venue and fought for some more...if interested please go back to the ticketing page as they are available right now!

Thank You!!!  I did and got more. Very happy.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

jmk

Just checked again and was able to swipe 4 PIT tix! Fuuuuuck yes. Had to make a new account, but it's done, thank you.

noripcord

1. Headhunter
2.tdb8
3.8bobbyb
4. lil sis
5. ynwa
6. ericm
7. oistheone
8. natonate99
9. e-wind +1
10.  MrWhippy (coming solo up from DC)
11. Penny
12. johnnYYac
13. firesofcanning
14. bluesky
15. CountSA
16. FiddleCastro
17. Ghosts on TV and Co.
18. WSS2, Mrs. WSS2, +2
19. Jane
20. TSarge
21. joey and co.
22. br00ke !!!!!!!!!
23. Nova_Nola (provided the flight Gods are kind)
24. Dboczar + 1
25. jbaruch76
26. Ruckus+2
27. Bigsky
28. JaneCool
29. noripcord+1

What glorious news this December tour is!  I got second row section 119 as well as GA floor, figure I'll give myself some options. 

Can't wait to throw down with everyone.  See you in the big apple!

Ghosts_on_TV

Have you ever seen them? They put on a pretty good show. I'd prefer Sharon too, but they'll be good.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Murph

Just got 2 on the floor, in the words of Bart Scott....CAN'T WAIT!!

e_wind

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 19, 2011, 03:13 PM

Have you ever seen them? They put on a pretty good show. I'd prefer Sharon too, but they'll be good.

I disagree... I think they're mighty boring live
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

WSS2

tell who brought the energy this weekend, Young The Giant.  May not be your style, but they brought it

LosMaven

[url="http://explodingslacks.blogspot.com"]http://explodingslacks.blogspot.com[/url]

LosMaven

Does anyone have any idea about how many GA tickets are held for Roll Call Members?  If they are sold out for the Roll Call presale does that mean there are no more GA Floor tickets available at all?

My assumption is that it'll be set up exactly like the NYE show a few years ago.  If that's the case, I can't imagine Roll Call members snatched up all that space.

I got my 4 tickets on the floor but I have more friends that want to come and ideally I would like them on the floor with me.
[url="http://explodingslacks.blogspot.com"]http://explodingslacks.blogspot.com[/url]

Jenfarr

What is the ticket limit for the pre-sale? 

I'm doing the Mailing List pre-sale tomorrow, as I'm not a memeber of Roll Call.

Thanks.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

edierevolution

Quote from: Jenfarr on Sep 19, 2011, 03:48 PM
What is the ticket limit for the pre-sale? 

I'm doing the Mailing List pre-sale tomorrow, as I'm not a memeber of Roll Call.

Thanks.

anyone know what the pre-sale code is yet? they just emailing that to us tomorrow?

got my 2 GAs today... but I'm trying to convince my buddy and his girl to come too!

going to be an amazing week. i already have tickets to see the national at beacon on friday.