Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstunbound

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 20, 2011, 03:10 PM
So does anyone know if this presale had better sections available

As far as I can tell there were zero tickets available for this presale

My Morning Coffee

so much sadness...took a quick lunch in the office just to be at my desk when the clock struck 3 and.....

SOLD OUT  :'(

Help!
~ I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~

bandbench6306

6/3/06 (openers, PJ)
10/22/10 (Z)
6/7/11 (Fallon)
12/14/2011 MSG
1/7/2012 (PHJB)
7/28-29/2012 (NFF)

johnnYYac

Quote from: lil sis on Sep 20, 2011, 02:43 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Sep 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
one of the largest roll call lists since T5.  Bet we hit 50!
We can do it!  Hopefully the boys see how many crazies there are from here attending this show and we get an extra somethin somethin  ;)
It'll have to be word of mouth, I'm afraid.  In talking with the guys this summer, they don't go near this forum.  Too much negativity, they say. 

At Mt. Jam, I asked them to join myself and other "forum folks" on our blanket for Dawes.  Jim said "forum?"  Others close to the band also say the guys don't pay any attention to this place. 

Its too bad, as most of the forum regulars are mighty positive people.  And we are clearly dedicated and respectful fans!  Still, think about some of the stuff on this site and you can see why they'd avoid it.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 20, 2011, 03:17 PM
We can do it!  Hopefully the boys see how many crazies there are from here attending this show and we get an extra somethin somethin  ;)
It'll have to be word of mouth, I'm afraid.  In talking with the guys this summer, they don't go near this forum.  Too much negativity, they say. 

At Mt. Jam, I asked them to join myself and other "forum folks" on our blanket for Dawes.  Jim said "forum?"  Others close to the band also say the guys don't pay any attention to this place. 

Its too bad, as most of the forum regulars are mighty positive people.  And we are clearly dedicated and respectful fans!  Still, think about some of the stuff on this site and you can see why they'd avoid it.

That makes sense and it doesn't. I can see them not wanting to read stuff on here, but it shouldn't give us a bad wrap.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

walterfredo

edierevolution

1. Headhunter
2.tdb810
3.8bobbyb
4. lil sis
5. ynwa
6. ericm
7. oistheone
8. natonate99
9. e-wind +1
10.  MrWhippy (coming solo up from DC)
11. Penny
12. johnnYYac
13. firesofcanning
14. bluesky
15. CountSA
16. FiddleCastro
17. Ghosts on TV and Co.
18. WSS2, Mrs. WSS2, +2
19. Jane
20. TSarge
21. joey and co.
22. br00ke !!!!!!!!!
23. Nova_Nola (provided the flight Gods are kind)
24. Dboczar + 1
25. jbaruch76
26. Ruckus+2
27. Bigsky
28. JaneCool
29. noripcord+1
30. Dillsnufus +2
31. TheLurker + wife
32. El Chode + Mrs Chode + Virgin 1 + Virgin 2
33. subinai
34. Lucylew +1
35. Tired Eyes
36. goldbondking
37. Sweet Nothing
38. Wamsankas+1+my parents in another section
39. Honest Man + TouchMeIAmGoing2Cream + Guest
40. Tbear+1
41. Northern Neighbour and the Mrs.  (Hopefully we get the time off!)
42. crooney +3
43. mynameiscurt + 1
44. edierevolution +1

Jenfarr

Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 20, 2011, 03:44 PM
Keep trying!
Did "Buyer Tickets" pop back up?  because I have been trying on and off for 45 minutes and I'm getting nowhere.  :(

headhunter

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 20, 2011, 03:37 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 20, 2011, 03:17 PM

That makes sense and it doesn't. I can see them not wanting to read stuff on here, but it shouldn't give us a bad wrap.

Doubt we have a bad wrap.  Guessing CC and many of the admin crew like and respect many who post on here and may at times pass along certain thoughts/sentiments expressed.  I think at this point, many in the band recognize a bunch of the "regulars" at many shows including some of whom are on the forum and some who aren't.   MMJ is very good to and respectful of their fan base.  But even if only 5% of the population is crazy (personally, I think it's alot higher) and only 1% are certifiable, that still means there is plenty of "negativity" out there and more than just a few nutjobs.

(of course i use the term "nutjob" in a loving sort of way)   :o
was some shakin' and some record playin'

walterfredo

Quote from: Jenfarr on Sep 20, 2011, 03:48 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 20, 2011, 03:44 PM
Keep trying!
Did "Buyer Tickets" pop back up?  because I have been trying on and off for 45 minutes and I'm getting nowhere.  :(

Not sure about msg, but the LA show said sold out for a while then the buy button popped back up, but there were no GA pits available, then after a bit of time pit Tix were then available again.

Stevie

so here's a general MSG question..    anything outside of the pit seems extremely far away..  is the pit definitely the way to go or is that rim seating good as well?  i guess i'll put it this way, if money wasn't factored in and you could sit anywhere in that arena, where would you sit?

e_wind

GA, but then I hate seated events. I'm all about general admission and no chairs.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Stevie

i just noticed on ticketmaster that american express members get a presale starting tomorrow??

i wonder how quickly i can enroll in that...

subinai

Quote from: Stevie on Sep 20, 2011, 04:16 PM
so here's a general MSG question..    anything outside of the pit seems extremely far away..  is the pit definitely the way to go or is that rim seating good as well?  i guess i'll put it this way, if money wasn't factored in and you could sit anywhere in that arena, where would you sit?

ive sat in the 300 section dead center and the view/sound was pretty good. prefer GA floor though

edierevolution

As far as arenas go, MSG is a pretty darned good room. Even way back the sound and views aren't bad. The 100 section in the middle is pretty nice if you like to have a seat.

But as anyone who has ever been on the floor at the Garden can attest, there is truly nothing like it. If it weren't for the crazy expensive beers, the pit at MSG is probably my favorite place to see a concert. Seeing Jacket from there a few years ago was amazing.

oistheone

Now if we could only sort out this "East GA"/"West GA" business...

Sent an e-mail to Roll Call, but no answer yet.

CountSA

I will most likely have one (1) extra GA ticket - bought  2 but probably won't find anyone that can make it with me...

MrWhippy

My guess is that the East and West GA pits will just get filled by when people get to the show.  The first 4-500 people in line (or however many would fill the first pit) will get into the first pit, and then they will fill the second pit.

Springsteen shows often have a full GA floor with the pit close to the stage getting filled by a lottery.  I really hope they don't do something like that, but I think that's really just a Springsteen thing.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

oistheone

I'm hoping (read: praying) that the GA lots are assigned at the point of purchase, and Roll Callers are given access to the closer pit. Now THAT would be a fan club benefit.