Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 16, 2011, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 16, 2011, 04:06 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 16, 2011, 02:09 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 16, 2011, 10:35 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 16, 2011, 09:41 AM
Sorry Fully :-X

Ya know, what I regret the most about that trip was not be able to spend time with so many awesome people.  It was a whirlwind and then the show started and then it was over.  So it goes.  Awesome to see so many familiar faces.

As has been said before, a special thank you goes to Ant (deathstick).  There are no words for your thoughtfulness and generosity.  I should let you know that I didn't trust myself to carry that poster home with me w/o a tube and plenty of travels ahead so I went ahead and handed it over to Mahg33ta who I came to learn likes posters.

Yes Penny, I was staring at you doing the retarded monkey during the encore ;)

Yeah, I wish I had more time to spend with some people. We got there right when boh started. Saw some folks though, but it was pretty much just hello. Glad we got a bro hug in though rob. And you kissed my cheek and told me how cute I am, that left me all warm and fuzzy.  ;D
Damn!  I take it back.  I thought you were Bigsky

You're a terrible liar.
The purest of feelings are often best expressed through untruths.  It was a nice hug and kiss.  Besides,I hadn't seen you since Hands Across America

It was a fantastic hug and kiss. Took me right back to when I licked the back of your head at merriweather.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

bluesky

Quote from: soto pop on Dec 16, 2011, 01:29 PM
Just wanted to say that this nyc trip was an overall great experience for me.  First and foremost, I'd like to thank bluesky for hooking me up with a GA West ticket.  The pit had tons of room to rock out or move around if you were stuck next to any inconsiderate frat boys.  It still amazes at all the people that spend the first four minutes of Dondante chatting away oblivous to what is transpiring on stage, only to act like its the greatest song in the world once it actually starts rocking.  Used to annoy me, now I just kind of laugh about it, cuz what else can you do.  I was beyond stoked to hear Steam Engine AND Dondante in the same show, but I had a feeling some of the deeper cuts wouldn't show up as a result.  No complaints though, I had a blast, met a few roll callers, I'm pretty shy so I kinda kept to myself at Stout, but it was still great to see alot of familiar faces.  I came up solo from PA but I never felt like I was by myself with all the great folks surrounding me.  Never met Penny Lane before, but after seeing pics of her I realized I've rocked out beside her several times at the DBT shows, small world.  Hope everyone had a blast, and until next time.  This was my early birthday present to myself, and the belated present will be three days of DBT's for New Years!

Austin so glad you ended up with the ticket for your birthday!  :birthdays: glad you had a great time!!!

Zeebz

Quote from: mahg33ta on Dec 16, 2011, 12:10 PM
I have a bunch of pics I'll get sorted out this weekend.  My friend Zach (sMMJ semi-virgin) signed up for Roll Call at MSG, so add one to the converted list.

:thumbsup:

I had a great time!  Thanks to everyone I met at Stout for making me feel like part of the group!  I promise, I'll be around for a while to come!

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Zeebz on Dec 16, 2011, 10:44 PM
I have a bunch of pics I'll get sorted out this weekend.  My friend Zach (sMMJ semi-virgin) signed up for Roll Call at MSG, so add one to the converted list.

I had a great time!  Thanks to everyone I met at Stout for making me feel like part of the group!  I promise, I'll be around for a while to come!

I was late and didn't make it to Stout, but everyone is part of the group. Trust me.

Dillsnufus

anyone else still have their GA wristband on? lol
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Ghosts_on_TV

Also, this is the best message board you will ever join. Hop on! It's worth it.

Ghosts_on_TV

Penny Lane

I had a great time!  Thanks to everyone I met at Stout for making me feel like part of the group! I promise, I'll be around for a while to come!

don't threaten us like that!  ;) :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quote from: Luna Moth on Dec 16, 2011, 07:08 PM
Johnny you think you can find time for your kids AND post a little bit? Your vibe is good
What a nice thing to say.  I'm not going anywhere, but ought to slow it down.  Back atcha, btw.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

Yikes!  You on here after all these years?  My brain just fried / worlds colliding.

JaneCool

Quote from: mahg33ta on Dec 17, 2011, 12:00 AM

Yikes!  You on here after all these years?  My brain just fried / worlds colliding.

Lol! Welcome mahq33ta's friend!  ;)
So, I do believe.....

MrWhippy

Quote from: NoVa_NoLa on Dec 16, 2011, 05:46 PM
I am refreshed.  I want to do it again.  When's the next show? :) :D

I'm with you, Sha.  April/May (next hope for shows) feels very far away.

My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Northern Neighbour

Welcome Zack!  It was great meeting you, and glad that this deflowering was successful.

Ruckus

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Dec 17, 2011, 09:46 AM

Welcome Zack!  It was great meeting you, and glad that this deflowering was successful.
2nded!  Great meeting you Zach and you and your wife as well NN! :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

br00ke

goldbondking

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 15, 2011, 12:46 PM
  Hey, I also met Goldbondking upstairs where I managed to professionally slur multiple words to him.  A great 1st impression ;D  I blame shots of scotch, vodka, soco limes chased by double bourbons. ;D

You seemed pretty lucid to me.  Probably says more about my state of mind... ::) It was great to meet you Ruckus. 

Had a fantastic time with Sweet Nothing and a couple other buddies. 

I haven't seen this mentioned: Band of Horses seemed to not know their words on I'll Be Home For Christmas. We all were laughing about it and then Jim seemed to say something to the effect of, "Oh boy!" when he got back to his side of the stage. Anybody else catch this?

Dillsnufus

I'd think there would be more articles. there were so many photographers for the first three songs lol.

also it's awesome they put some of my photos in the gallery.  :thumbsup:
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

WSS2

Quote from: WSS2 on Dec 16, 2011, 05:14 PM
is the pre-show music up anywhere?  there was a song that had Cee Lo in it that had me groovin'

thanks guys

bumping this in hope that someone might know - thanks!

Fully

Quote from: goldbondking on Dec 17, 2011, 12:53 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 15, 2011, 12:46 PM
  Hey, I also met Goldbondking upstairs where I managed to professionally slur multiple words to him.  A great 1st impression ;D  I blame shots of scotch, vodka, soco limes chased by double bourbons. ;D

You seemed pretty lucid to me.  Probably says more about my state of mind... ::) It was great to meet you Ruckus. 

Had a fantastic time with Sweet Nothing and a couple other buddies. 

I haven't seen this mentioned: Band of Horses seemed to not know their words on I'll Be Home For Christmas. We all were laughing about it and then Jim seemed to say something to the effect of, "Oh boy!" when he got back to his side of the stage. Anybody else catch this?
I saw this too. He seemed to be laughing at them cause they were kind of horrible there for a few minutes. Also, I'm still on a high from this show. It was so worth all the effort it took for me to be able to go to it. I still can't tell all of you that I've met (and unfortunately, I've forgotten forum names for some of you that I talked to - particularly the guy that I stood in line with and we talked about Drive By Truckers coming to Nashville) how great a group y'all are. So welcoming and friendly. I have to admit that traveling so far by myself was so much more fun because of all of you. Thanks, so very much. You are all have great generous hearts and I'll go see a show with any of you any day of the week.