Main Menu

Bands you despise

Started by Eweezy, Oct 02, 2011, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

I never got Bruce till I moved here. A lot of his music is pictorial (NJ). Also, it's more than just being cool and liking Nebraska but from what I hear (HH and ericm) he gives everything to his shows. Probably not many shows with similar setlists or under 4 hours..He's on my bucket list but I don't go to Arena shows so I'm afraid I'll never see him unless he plays a festival again.

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Eweezy on Oct 03, 2011, 08:13 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 02, 2011, 08:17 PM
Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Pretty much any modern country (Toby Keith needs to just go the fuck away)
The Eagles. God the fucking Eagles
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Kings of Leon post Because Of The Times
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Slipnot (really any shitty "metal" band in the ne metal category)
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

It's like you read my mind and saw this list in my head...I cannot believe I forgot Creed...yuk.  Can I add AC/DC to that?  The same horrible vocals even though they had 2 different singers and the same lame guitar riff over, and over, and over again. :dankk2:

Bon Scott was way better. I agree that their music is redundant, they're a one-trick pony for sure. However, I can still enjoy them from time to time.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Tracy 2112

Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

It's like you read my mind and saw this list in my head...I cannot believe I forgot Creed...yuk.  Can I add AC/DC to that?  The same horrible vocals even though they had 2 different singers and the same lame guitar riff over, and over, and over again. :dankk2:

sorry man, but if you don't "get" this, then I'm not sure you "get" rock and roll

AC/DC Let there be rock (1977, Unedited video version)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Oct 04, 2011, 12:21 AM
Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

sorry man, but if you don't "get" this, then I'm not sure you "get" rock and roll

agreed tracy, was coincidentally about to post a video too.

AC/DC - Its A Long Way To The Top If Ya Wanna Rock And Roll

ManNamedTruth

I used  to not like Bruce Springsteen much either, but I eventually came around. His music evokes Americana, it's hard not to like it.

pawpaw

Uhh...AC/DC has been "meltin' faces" since before MMJ were born. Angus Young should be on the Mt. Rushmore of meltin' faces. AC/DC probably laughs at the term "meltin' faces"...they just call it "playing."
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jaimoe

I find it tough to dislike early AC/DC, especially "Jailbreak" and "Whole Lotta Rosie".

A couple of other bands I despise, but they fall under "Bands I once liked, but now hate":

Santana
Chicago
Bob Seger

FiddleCastro

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Oct 04, 2011, 12:27 AM
Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

agreed tracy, was coincidentally about to post a video too.

AC/DC - Its A Long Way To The Top If Ya Wanna Rock And Roll

*rock*
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

FiddleCastro

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 03, 2011, 04:11 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Oct 03, 2011, 02:31 PM
Quote from: ophidiophobia on Oct 03, 2011, 02:12 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Oct 03, 2011, 02:06 PM
Quote from: bbill on Oct 03, 2011, 01:59 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Oct 03, 2011, 01:34 PM
Quote from: bbill on Oct 03, 2011, 01:27 PM
Who the hell is Owl City?!

Sorry in advance.

Owl City - Fireflies

People usually assume this: "Rich, you like Indie stuff, you must love Owl City"

But, they're just... horrible.

Yeah, that's really shitty! ;D It sounds like a bad parody song! Is this popular right now???

It is, it comes on the radio when I'm working, which adds to the dislike towards this song
When this song frist came out a couple of years ago I thought it was a new Postal Service song.

;D my friend always referred to Owl City as "that bad combo of the Postal Service and Death Cab"

Ben Gibbard is Death Cab and The Postal Service.

When I first heard it I thought it was the postal service until I was told otherwise

Yeah, that was his point, if you take everything bad about Ben Gibbard, you'd get Owl City. I think. At least!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Eweezy

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 03, 2011, 07:30 AM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 03, 2011, 12:10 AM
I can't believe I forgot second-to-none tribute album whore and performer on EVERY all-star fundraiser known to humankind, not to mention dysfunctional celebrity serial dater; I give you the stunningly irrelevant and even in her prime, really really average: Sheryl Crow.

Oh, and that self-important phony with a suspect rags-to-riches upbringing, that continuously switches genres in a blatant any-which-way-the-music-wind-blows kind of way, driven by her desperate, yet inevitably fruitless, pursuit of another hit: the incomparable Jewel.
Awesome

And True, yeah I cannot stand Rage. I does surprise people. I've actually hated them since day 1.

Just a question about the Rage hating.  Did you feel the same when they teamed up with Chris Cornell and became Audioslave?  Just inquisitive.
Yikes!

Eweezy

Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

My bad..should have said more recent of there stuff.  Did not know that they were the top dog of the rock n roll game.  Guess I am not as cool as some of u.  I can respect the older stuff but I'm sorry when I hear them on the radio or anything else I immediately change the channel or station.  Good year though 1977, the year I was born. :thumbsup:
Yikes!

Jaimoe

Quote from: Eweezy on Oct 04, 2011, 05:30 PM
I can't believe I forgot second-to-none tribute album whore and performer on EVERY all-star fundraiser known to humankind, not to mention dysfunctional celebrity serial dater; I give you the stunningly irrelevant and even in her prime, really really average: Sheryl Crow.

Oh, and that self-important phony with a suspect rags-to-riches upbringing, that continuously switches genres in a blatant any-which-way-the-music-wind-blows kind of way, driven by her desperate, yet inevitably fruitless, pursuit of another hit: the incomparable Jewel.
Awesome

And True, yeah I cannot stand Rage. I does surprise people. I've actually hated them since day 1.

Just a question about the Rage hating.  Did you feel the same when they teamed up with Chris Cornell and became Audioslave?  Just inquisitive.

I repectfully hate Rage. The same can't be said for the borefest that is/was Audioslave.

mjk73

Quote from: Eweezy on Oct 04, 2011, 05:30 PM

Awesome

Yes. I thought Audioslave was awful.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 04, 2011, 03:19 PM

Bob Seger

Noooooooo....another one on my bucket list....love some BS~

Honest Man

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 03, 2011, 01:18 PM
Quote from: Honest Man on Oct 03, 2011, 11:54 AM
Green Day, Linkin Park.

i am really embarrassed but i like Linkin Park...good workout music..
also, Kanye is good! how can you not love Gold Digger?! he makes bad rhyming good..

PENNY???? You of all people I would never expect to say that lol.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Honest Man

The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Honest Man on Oct 04, 2011, 11:43 PM
Green Day, Linkin Park.

also, Kanye is good! how can you not love Gold Digger?! he makes bad rhyming good..

but do NOT get me wrong, if i was driving my car and saw him jaywalking across a busy street and there was a slight chance i could get away with it, i'd def try a hit and run...but I can't deny talent...he's made a couple of good records..

peafunk31

Cheap Trick. Something about them makes me want to throw myself out of a window. I'd rather listen to Yoko Ono sing than hear "I Want You to Want Me" ever again
Homer no function beer well without.

BH

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 05, 2011, 09:19 AM
Quote from: Honest Man on Oct 04, 2011, 11:43 PM
Green Day, Linkin Park.

but do NOT get me wrong, if i was driving my car and saw him jaywalking across a busy street and there was a slight chance i could get away with it, i'd def try a hit and run...but I can't deny talent...he's made a couple of good records..

I'm with ya on that.  Hate the person.  Love the talent.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........