Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 04, 2011, 10:19 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 04, 2011, 03:19 PM

Bob Seger

Noooooooo....another one on my bucket list....love some BS~

Penny, you're awesome!  8)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ALady

Love Kanye, love his music.   :bath:

Despise is a strong word.  There are quite a few bands where I just don't understand the adulation.  Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead to some extent.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Jaimoe

Quote from: bbill on Oct 05, 2011, 01:14 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 04, 2011, 10:19 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 04, 2011, 03:19 PM

Bob Seger

Noooooooo....another one on my bucket list....love some BS~

Penny, you're awesome!  8)

His later career was a disgrace, specifically his '80s shit.

Ruckus

BH and Jones be hatin'.  I adore Meatloaf :-*  If I took BH to a Karaoke bar after the T5 At Dawn show, he totally would have sang Paradise by the Dashboard Light with me.  I would have even let him be the man too.

Not their 80s output but I despise Hetfield and Ulrich
Fleet Foxes is getting there ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: ALady on Oct 05, 2011, 01:54 PM
Love Kanye, love his music.   :bath:

Despise is a strong word.  There are quite a few bands where I just don't understand the adulation.  Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead to some extent.

AGREE WTIH ALL OF THIS.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Eweezy

Cannot believe I forgot to mention this group....Train....OMG, I just threw up in my mouth. :embarassed:
Yikes!

el_chode

I second Vampire Weekend. They're like all the worst parts of the 80s in one band. Like pre-canned yacht rock that yuppies listen to on boats that aren't quite big enough to be yachts.

And leave Seger alone! A Seger/DBT mix is all you need to drive the open highway.

I don't hate Alice in Chains and Rage, but I do hate their fans, and by proxy, have grown to despise the music.

Other than that, I hate most modern pop singer/songwriters. Jason Mraz is a no one who thinks he's someone, and John Mayer is like a muscle car with an automatic transmission - just wasted ability.
I'm surrounded by assholes

sweatboard

Since you might have missed it, let's turn this up a notch......Widespread Panic. 
There's Still Time.........

el_chode

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 05, 2011, 08:12 PM
Since you might have missed it, let's turn this up a notch......Widespread Panic.

Won't say I despise (though I hate their part in Before the Music Dies), but I definitely don't get their popularity.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 05, 2011, 08:46 PM

Won't say I despise (though I hate their part in Before the Music Dies), but I definitely don't get their popularity.

I tried and tried to get into WSP over the past 10-15 years, but it just didn't happen. I just find their music incredibly boring and nearly devoid of catchy hooks and melodies, but they do have lots of soul, which is unusual. Jimmy Herring still rules though.

sweatboard

Do I just need lsd, shrooms, or Opiates..... I don't get it, please explain.  If I WAS on any of these things I think I would run from this music.     

Fully

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 05, 2011, 09:10 PM

Do I just need lsd, shrooms, or Opiates..... I don't get it, please explain.  If I WAS on any of these things I think I would run from this music.     
I'm with you on this one. I'm going to see them on Friday night with a friend, but I'm just not feeling it at all. Never have.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Eweezy on Oct 05, 2011, 07:23 PM
Cannot believe I forgot to mention this group....Train....OMG, I just threw up in my mouth. :embarassed:

Train really upsets me too. I read this in an article someone posted here on the forum -  "whitest song to ever have the word soul in".
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

FiddleCastro

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 05, 2011, 08:01 PM
I second Vampire Weekend. They're like all the worst parts of the 80s in one band. Like pre-canned yacht rock that yuppies listen to on boats that aren't quite big enough to be yachts.

And leave Seger alone! A Seger/DBT mix is all you need to drive the open highway.

I don't hate Alice in Chains and Rage, but I do hate their fans, and by proxy, have grown to despise the music.

Other than that, I hate most modern pop singer/songwriters. Jason Mraz is a no one who thinks he's someone, and John Mayer is like a muscle car with an automatic transmission - just wasted ability.

I agree with this entire post. :thumbsup:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Honest Man

Vampire Weekend blows donkey dick
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Jaimoe

I really hate The Killers and the '80s Britpop bands they obviously worship.  And that jokey Franz Ferdinand can't break up fast enough for my liking.

sweatboard

Eweezy

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Oct 05, 2011, 10:17 PM
Quote from: Eweezy on Oct 05, 2011, 07:23 PM

Train really upsets me too. I read this in an article someone posted here on the forum -  "whitest song to ever have the word soul in".

Saw that same article, hilarious could not agree more.
Yikes!

lucylew

Two more:  Foreigner and Styx.  Ugh.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Honest Man on Oct 05, 2011, 11:54 PM
Vampire Weekend blows donkey dick

you mean in a bad way, right?

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.