Main Menu

Bands you despise

Started by Eweezy, Oct 02, 2011, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StaggerLee

This topic is right up my alley... Here we go.

1.  Genesis (anything with Phil Collins)  His voice is like nails on a chalk board to me
2.  The Eagles
3.  Dave Matthews Band
4.  Bush
5.  Creed

Thats it for now; I know theres more, but those were top of mind.
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

buaawwww

So many to choose from... but if I had to narrow it down:

1- Creed
2- Coldplay
3- Maroon 5

Did I mention Creed?

Oh and to those saying U2, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen?  You all need your heads examined.   :o

mjk73

Quote from: StaggerLee on Oct 10, 2011, 02:42 PM3.  Dave Matthews Band

I forgot DMB. Annoying to no end.

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

buaawwww

Taterbug

I know,    I'm not sure what it is about axle roses voice that makes me want  to smash my balls with a hammer. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

e_wind

Quote from: Eweezy on Oct 06, 2011, 05:42 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Oct 05, 2011, 10:17 PM
Quote from: Eweezy on Oct 05, 2011, 07:23 PM
Cannot believe I forgot to mention this group....Train....OMG, I just threw up in my mouth. :embarassed:

Train really upsets me too. I read this in an article someone posted here on the forum -  "whitest song to ever have the word soul in".

Saw that same article, hilarious could not agree more.

My sister wanted me to read train lyrics at her wedding. That conversation was some real comedy. Needless to say I didn't do it. train is so bad.

I completely second vampire weekend. It really bums me out that Ryan Adams loves the vamp so much. Can't believe he covered their entire record.

As of last week I despise fleet foxes too.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Quote from: buaawwww on Oct 11, 2011, 02:32 PM
Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 11, 2011, 12:47 PM
guns & roses

Wow, really?

Yo dude in another thread you said anthrax has the album of the year

Taterbug

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
guns & roses

Wow, really?

That wasn't me Mr. Windy.  You have me cornfused with someone else.  I like Clutch, maybe thats what your thinking ?   

You should have read the lyrics for your sister.  She would have done it for you  ;D

mjk73

Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 11, 2011, 03:32 PM
guns & roses

Wow, really?

That wasn't me Mr. Windy.  You have me cornfused with someone else.  I like Clutch, maybe thats what your thinking ?   

You should have read the lyrics for your sister.  She would have done it for you  ;D
I despise Axl. He's a complete ass. Outside of some songs from Appetite, I personally think they are overrated. But when they are on point, damn they sound great. Plus they have the honor of being horribly overplayed which has killed what's great about the songs they sound great on.

And Clutch kicks ass.

walterfredo

buaawwww

guns & roses

Wow, really?

Oh that was most definitely me yes.  Album is awesome, real return to form for them. 

e_wind

Quote from: buaawwww on Oct 11, 2011, 04:31 PM
guns & roses

Wow, really?

Oh that was most definitely me yes.  Album is awesome, real return to form for them.

tater i was talking to buaw. it was a cheap shot cause I too hate g&r :)

StaggerLee

How can you hate November Rain?  Maybe one of the greatest songs of the 90's.  Not to say that Axl Rose is not a douche bag, which he most certainly is; but shit GnR rules.
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

buaawwww

Quote from: StaggerLee on Oct 12, 2011, 08:54 AM
How can you hate November Rain?  Maybe one of the greatest songs of the 90's.  Not to say that Axl Rose is not a douche bag, which he most certainly is; but shit GnR rules.

Well said StaggerLee.  You can hate on Axl all you want.  Guy is a pompous arrogant douche if there ever was one.  But he is responsible for a TON of great music.  Hell even Chinese Democracy had a handful of really solid tunes on it. 

Crispy

Quote from: buaawwww on Oct 12, 2011, 09:51 AM

Well said StaggerLee.  You can hate on Axl all you want.  Guy is a pompous arrogant douche if there ever was one.  But he is responsible for a TON of great music.  Hell even Chinese Democracy had a handful of really solid tunes on it.

A TON? That's being pretty generous. He is also responsible for Sweet Child O' Mine, which is awful song on an otherwise kickass record, and nearly ruined my college-going years through being played on somebody's boombox about every 30 minutes.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Taterbug

Quote from: buaawwww on Oct 12, 2011, 09:51 AM

Sorry fellas but GnR just doesn't appeal to me.  Axle + cornrows = fuckstick

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Penny Lane

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
He is also responsible for Sweet Child O' Mine, which is awful song ..

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 12, 2011, 11:00 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Oct 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
He is also responsible for Sweet Child O' Mine, which is awful song ..

Flabbergasted because I forgot the article before "awful," or because I hate that shitty song?  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"