Holy Market Meltdown Batman

Started by WSS2, Oct 03, 2011, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WSS2

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson in Jurassic Park:

"Hold on to ya' butts"

YouAre_GivenToFly

Good thing I don't have any money to invest, anyway!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

WSS2

Scary, scary news...posted here before...if anyone here reads this and is thinking about investing.  WAIT, unless you can take 5-10 years horizon and are willing / have to cojones to stomach severe volatility in the short-term...Look at Bank of America and Citigroup stock...feeling A LOT like 2008

YouAre_GivenToFly

The company I work for had an IPO about a year ago... very glad I didn't invest the little I had back then, since its trading about $3 lower than the IPO. I'm putting all my money in savings for right now... sure its only making 1%, but its not losing any!

BH

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Oct 03, 2011, 10:37 PM
The company I work for had an IPO about a year ago... very glad I didn't invest the little I had back then, since its trading about $3 lower than the IPO. I'm putting all my money in savings for right now... sure its only making 1%, but its not losing any!

Wow, your getting 1%!   I need to move my savings account!   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

WSS2

haha yeah I'd check that...you're probably earnings more like 0.1% in your account...sadly not kidding there either

For reference, the 5 year U.S. Treasury is yielding less than 1% ... i.e. give then government 100 bucks, you'll get 105ish back....in 5 years

YouAre_GivenToFly

Yep I've got an ING savings account @ 1%.... when I opened it back in 2005 or so it was 4 or 5%.... those were the days.

WSS2

haha man...ING does have great CD / savings rates....yes, crazy to think earning 1% in your savings account is "killing it"