New jam from last month

Started by danz, Oct 04, 2011, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danz

Stumbled upon it on Youtube after someone here asked if there is a taping of last month's show @ Stubbs in Austin TX.  It's a lil' different; kinda like the stuff from Jim/Patrick's Christmas show at Ear X-Tacy last year.

Yim Yames Performs "Change" Live at Stubbs BBQ for his ACL Aftershow

BH

I would say that those who do not like the "bass" versions of Jim solo better prepare themselves for not liking his new solo album.   I have no idea what it will be like, but he really seems to be enjoying playing that bass since he picked it up around the the MOF days.   Sounds killer to me.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

I agree.  I have a DVD of Jim and Patrick last Christmas in L'ville and really thought Jim on bass was sick, in the good way.  It sounds a bit rougher in Austin, but he's just fuckin around and we pay to see it. 

I'd love if he'd do a straight Omnichord show.  Seriously. 

I think playing bass so much on the Monsters of Folk tour sealed the deal for Jim.  He pulled a bass for some other gigs, didn't he?  Like AppVox or something. 

Speaking of BH and Omnichords...

Bermuda Hitchhiker by johnnYYac
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

danz

aMillionDreams

Jim played a lot of bass on the Appalachian Voices Tour
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

Quote from: danz on Oct 04, 2011, 10:51 PM
Miss ya Dave

:-* ;)  You going to any of the Holiday season shows?

Dylan, do you have any inside info on the Jim solo album?  Release timing?  Is it going to be wierd.  I hope it's going to be wierd.

JY, how come a woman has never dedicated a song to me?   Just a middle aged man from the east coast?    ;)   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMillionDreams

The only inside info that I have is that it's been 90% finished for about 6 months (typical Jim (not that he hasn't been working on it)). And that he performs every instrument except the drums and the strings parts. He told me the name of the drummer but I forget it, not Pat or Kevin.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

rmpotsy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 04, 2011, 09:34 PM
I agree.  I have a DVD of Jim and Patrick last Christmas in L'ville

WHAAAAAAAAA????????

any chance of an up please?  i only have the memories and those are a little foggy for one reason or another.

and johnny, its louisville or the ville please.
out go the lights it begins

johnnYYac

Quote from: rmpotsy on Oct 08, 2011, 02:17 PM

WHAAAAAAAAA????????

any chance of an up please?  i only have the memories and those are a little foggy for one reason or another.

Meant no offense by my abbreviation. 

The DVD I burned came from video files made available by Rusty95: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=14020.0

It also showed up as a torrent. 

I can upload the video_TS file I constructed from those original files.  Stay tuned...

capt. scotty

never heard this before, cool tune
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Jim James and Patrick Hallahan
Benefit for ear-X-tacy
Headliners Music Hall
Louisville, KY
December 26, 2010

Setlist:

I'll Be Home For Christmas
Gideon
The Way That He Sings
Golden
Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
Bermuda Highway
Smokin' From Shootin'
One Big Holiday

DVD Part 1

DVD Part 2

DVD Part 3

Download each part first, then decompress the first part and the others will follow, stiched into one video_TS file for burning with most DVD burn software.

danz

Quote from: BH on Oct 05, 2011, 10:00 AM

Just the San Francisco show.  I can't really gauge my schedule well enough to plan on getting to any of the other shows but LA show surely isn't out of the question.  You gonna make it to Tulsa?

BH

Quote from: danz on Oct 10, 2011, 02:21 AM

Just the San Francisco show.  I can't really gauge my schedule well enough to plan on getting to any of the other shows but LA show surely isn't out of the question.  You gonna make it to Tulsa?

Don't tell Chrispy but I'm thinking about it.   (I don't want to get his hopes up.)  :)

NoVa_NoLa

Quote from: danz on Oct 10, 2011, 02:21 AM

Danz...will see you there.  :)

sweatboard

For the solo album, I hope he just plays guitar and sings awesome songs.  Let's be real here.  This song with the distorted bass and bad lyrics SUCKS!!! (besides the horns)

I really don't want an Evil Urges solo record.  I want Jim with a guitar in a grain silo with a Gibson hollow body, plenty of reverb, and singing his heart out.

There's nothing ever wrong or not beautiful about that.  Originality born in simplicity. 
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Ok, I have to admit this song is growing on me strong.  I'm a sheep for everything this Jim guy does.

"Change your makeup
Change your clothes

Change the ways of this changing world."

I'd like to hear the studio version of the horns interacting with the bass. 

It really is pretty bad ass.   

rmpotsy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 08, 2011, 03:15 PM
Quote from: rmpotsy on Oct 08, 2011, 02:17 PM

WHAAAAAAAAA????????

Meant no offense by my abbreviation. 

The DVD I burned came from video files made available by Rusty95: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=14020.0

It also showed up as a torrent. 

I can upload the video_TS file I constructed from those original files.  Stay tuned...

no offense taken, just a joke... trying to help you look a lil more local.

thanks for the up!!!  that was one hell of a weird, wild, night, cannot wait to see it again.
out go the lights it begins

Penny Lane

dumb question-is that Will J singing backup? or SB?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

sweatboard

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 12, 2011, 11:03 PM

No, it's not me but it does sound kind of like the dude from Iron and Wine. 

It has been stuck in my head for two days now, after I thought I didn't like it......

I can see.....I can see Potential!!

sweatboard

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 12, 2011, 11:03 PM

I wasn't sure who Will J was so I searched "mmj will j" and the results are awesome.

I actually think it probably is Will J, after listening to him.