This Weekend

Started by mjk73, Oct 06, 2011, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

My race is finally here. Finally. I've battled through some nagging injuries and just awful heat and humidty through the summer. Sunday will be a great day in Chicago. 50's at the start and 60's and 70's at the end. Man, this is going to be a helluva weekend.

You can follow my progress at www.chicagomarathon.com. My bib number is 23820, last name is KOEHLER.

See you guys when I get back home on Monday.

tdb810

Best Wishes Mike!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.....Back at the Model Home

Crispy

Great, Mike! I'll be following and cheering you on as I sit on my ass and drink beer. You rule!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjk73

And shortly after I will be sitting on my ass drinking a beer too. Trip to Binny's is planned.

jones

Good luck and enjoy the beer afterwards.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Penny Lane

So proud of you! # 2!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

vespachick

Woooot!  Good luck!  Got yer mix all worked out?  I hope you make a personal best, mi hermano!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

MarkW

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

ALady

The last time it was this hot for the marathon they shut it down mid-race 'cause people were falling out left and right.  BE SAFE PLEASE and stay hydrated! 

I'll be watching for my friends around the United Center (I'm told that's the most brutal part of the course because there's no scenery and few spectators).  If I see you, I'll holler!  What's your time group?

Also,  :beer: afterward.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjk73

# 3 is done (2nd time for Chicago).

It was hot and no breeze, not a good day but I finished. 5:04 was my time which is way off the time I'd been working for. The very packed course and the heat pretty much sucked any energy out of me and made it hard to set a comfortable pace and keep it. But it's done and the time was 20 minutes better then the last time I did Chicago by 20 minutes so that's good. It was still an overall fantastic weekend as I stayed with my oldest friend and her husband and had a fastastic time. My friend is so great, she had a bottle of Gatoraid and a pint waiting for me in the car when they picked me up. Love. And yes Maggie, the area by United Center and just after it right before you hit the Mexican neighborhood is the worst part. I might have seen you and was just out of it at that point so if I didn't react to you, sowwy. Whoever told them to bust out the waterlogged sponges should be given a medal.