boingboing.net covers MMJ interview and concert footage

Started by Fully, Oct 11, 2011, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

My Morning Jacket by Scott Compton (Boing Boing Video)

"On June 24, My Morning Jacket descended on Oakland's historic Fox Theater for an epic performance in support of their majestic album, Circuital. Remedy Editorial's Scott Compton and his merry band of video documentarians made the scene on behalf of Boing Boing. You'll remember Scott and crew as the artistes who brought The Swell Season and The Decemberists to the big little screen for Boing Boing Video. We are now honored to feature their loving cut of My Morning Jacket, interviewed and live in concert on June 24, 2011. "

http://boingboing.net/2011/10/11/my-morning-jacket-by-scott-compton-boing-boing-video.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boingboing%2FiBag+%28Boing+Boing%29

scosby2

i wish more bands had this viewpoint on file sharing and a love for vinyl like this one...i totally agree with the point jim made about it being vinyl at home and digital for the road...exactly the way i feel too

buymycar

Oh man!  This is just a taste of how epic that show was!  You can see me rockin' out to Off The Record on this video!

e_wind

Man I really don't need to see a 21 minute interview while I'm at the library trying to study. Damn
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 11, 2011, 01:14 PM
Man I really don't need to see a 21 minute interview while I'm at the library trying to study. Damn
I haven't even watched it yet. I'm in the middle of teaching Julius Caesar. I'll have to wait until the students go home.

oistheone

What an awesome video. Very well shot. That version of Black Metal with the PHJB simply kills.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Oct 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
I haven't even watched it yet. I'm in the middle of teaching Julius Caesar. I'll have to wait until the students go home.
My students just left, so I can resume watching.  An excellent find, Fully!

Is that danz at 12:05-12:25?  :o  Hell yeah!  Rockin' the 'fro Victory Dance style!!!  AWESOME!  :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

subinai

Fully

ok, now that the students are gone for the day, I finally got to watch this even though I really need to finish up quarter grades.I am really impressed with the quality of the video. The interview over the music works really well too. More slo mo! I'm seeing them next Thursday and I'm getting excited for it!

mahg33ta

Quote from: Fully on Oct 11, 2011, 04:31 PM
I'm seeing them next Thursday and I'm getting excited for it!

reading that reminded me they're back on the road after a month's absence- and that got me excited!!

darkglow

so nice to see our friend danz rocking out at the end of Victory Dance!

el_chode

It's like two of my favorite things combined (huge BB reader and Doctorow fan)
I'm surrounded by assholes

jaye

Quote from: buymycar on Oct 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
Oh man!  This is just a taste of how epic that show was! 

Seriously!! 

I know they were filming all night - where is the rest of it?!

FiddleCastro

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 11, 2011, 02:25 PM
Quote from: Fully on Oct 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
My students just left, so I can resume watching.  An excellent find, Fully!

Is that danz at 12:05-12:25?  :o  Hell yeah!  Rockin' the 'fro Victory Dance style!!!  AWESOME!  :thumbsup:

That's gotta be danz!

also pops up at 16:35!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

buymycar

Quote from: jaye on Oct 12, 2011, 12:22 AM

Seriously!! 

They had 6 cameras rolling, according to the article.  I emailed the writer of the article and asked him if there were any plans to put this out on Blu-Ray or DVD.  I haven't received a response yet.  I need a copy of this video!  Is there any way to rip HD off of youtube?

Penny Lane

Whoa! Caught DanZ and his fancy hair before I read this!
Awesome to see a video and see 1 of your friends rocking out.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quote from: buymycar on Oct 12, 2011, 04:23 AM

Seriously!! 

They had 6 cameras rolling, according to the article.  I emailed the writer of the article and asked him if there were any plans to put this out on Blu-Ray or DVD.  I haven't received a response yet.  I need a copy of this video!  Is there any way to rip HD off of youtube?
Yes.  Keepvid.com and Streamtransport might work.  I'll look into it tonight and post the file if successful.  I also used to be able to download YouTube vids using Realplayer, but it mysteriously stopped working when I got Windows 7 and IE9 64-bit.

EDIT- I'm downloading a 1080p HD version now.  Its just over 500 MB and I will upload it tonight when I get home from work.  I used keepvid.com.  Copy and paste the url of the video from YouTube into the keepvid url bar.  Be sure you chose the 1080p version.  Click "Download" and save the 1080p mp4 file to your computer.  Here at work, its estimating 20 minutes to completion.  At home, it'd probably take less than 5 minutes.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 12, 2011, 09:51 AM
Quote from: buymycar on Oct 12, 2011, 04:23 AM

Seriously!! 

Yes.  Keepvid.com and Streamtransport might work.  I'll look into it tonight and post the file if successful.  I also used to be able to download YouTube vids using Realplayer, but it mysteriously stopped working when I got Windows 7 and IE9 64-bit.

EDIT- I'm downloading a 1080p HD version now.  Its just over 500 MB and I will upload it tonight when I get home from work.  I used keepvid.com.  Copy and paste the url of the video from YouTube into the keepvid url bar.  Be sure you chose the 1080p version.  Click "Download" and save the 1080p mp4 file to your computer.  Here at work, its estimating 20 minutes to completion.  At home, it'd probably take less than 5 minutes.

gotta love those school internet connection!

Also, the guy that made the video is following me on twitter now. I'll tweet him when I get home - damn school filter- and see if he can give me more details of how/if we can see the rest of the footage.

johnnYYac