Main Menu

Awesome Covers.

Started by e_wind, Oct 16, 2011, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

I don't know if it's "awesome" or not, but I really enjoy this Architecture In Helsinki cover:

Heart It Races by Dr.Dog.m4v

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Jimmy Webb - The Highwayman

LOVE Arbouretum's version.  I'm bummed out because their rockpalast video used to be available on youtube.  I'll look for it in the archives.
ARBOURETUM -highwayman- @ bota
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

That Wilco cover is great!

Someone put this up on FB (might even be a board peep).  Love Kaki King

Kaki King - Close to me
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjk73

Quote from: MarkW on Nov 16, 2011, 08:15 AM

Kaki King - Close to me
It was Ghost...and Kaki is great.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: MarkW on Nov 16, 2011, 08:15 AM

Kaki King - Close to me

Agreed on the Wilco cover and I also like that Cure cover by Kaki as well!  :thumbsup:

This one came up on my Zune the other day:

Pavement - Killing Moon

e_wind

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Nov 16, 2011, 03:29 AM
I heard this on The World Cafe the other day.

"I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" [Wilco] by JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound - VIDEO

They played that on our listener supported radio station in Louisville the other day. It is awesome
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 16, 2011, 01:55 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Nov 16, 2011, 03:29 AM
I heard this on The World Cafe the other day.

"I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" [Wilco] by JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound - VIDEO

They played that on our listener supported radio station in Louisville the other day. It is awesome

Did they play Wilco's I Might after? I think The World Cafe is nationally broadcasted, as they switch back to local programming.

e_wind

I know World Cafe is played on WFPK, but that was the only song I heard. It caught my attention as I was trying to to pick something on my iPod
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

wolof7

Here is the A/V Club's first posting of this season's AV undercover where they have a fan generated list of songs of which bands choose to cover as they pass through the Onion offices, decreasing the song options as bands are lower on the list. You can follow at the link below.

Here is Sharon Van Etten and Shearwater's cover of Stop Dragging My Heart Around:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/sharon-van-etten-and-shearwater-cover-stop-draggin,70683/
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjk73

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjk73

Spanky Wilson - Sunshine Of Your Love

And the shagadelic girls are pretty damn terrific also.

dragonboy

Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 19, 2012, 03:19 PMSpanky Wilson - Sunshine Of Your Love

Very nice!  :thumbsup:
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

pawpaw

Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 19, 2012, 02:54 PM
wow

Richard Hawley - I'm Waiting For The Man

That's great! Here's a favorite of mine, which also teases the same song, though it's a cover of Brian Eno by Queens of the Stone Age. It's a rocker!

Queens of the Stone Age "Needles in the Camel's Eye
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

pawpaw

This one's pretty great too...Lambchop covering Curtis Mayfield:

Give me your love (Love song) - Lambchop
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."