Band Signatures?

Started by MMJJRK, Aug 06, 2010, 04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJJRK

Anybody seen legit signatures by the band members? Wondering if the ones on this poster are legit. http://cgi.ebay.com/My-Morning-Jacket-Concert-Poster-Signed-Band-/190427749205 Went to the show and would love the poster but don't want to get burned.

BH

Those are exactly the same as all of the signatures I've seen.  I'm sure it's legit.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

I have this poster, a signed Okonokos CD, Carl and Tommy picks, and a fresh Jim sig on one of my Omnichords.  Looks like the same to me.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

Also take note that the poster appears to have a pretty big scrape on the front.   You can see it best in the closeups.

If you are getting it because as you said, you went to the show, then maybe it won't matter, but as a collectors item, that's a fatal flaw.

As a comparison, recently a 05 Slater (the pooh bear w/ bats that is also a tshirt design) which is worth $200+ sold for $50 with similar scratches.

Not trying to be a buzzkill, just a heads up.    (however, I would definitely be bidding on this otherwise  :) )

johnnYYac

Kyle, where are the "scrapes"?  I don't see 'em.  Is it across the word "Theater"?  It doesn't show on the other pic.

I see a "mint" unsigned copy (unsigned by the band, signed by the artist) is on for Buy It Now price of $79.99 + $12 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/My-Morning-Jacket-Minneapolis-Jay-Ryan-Poster-S-N-08-/370408633902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

The Slater bear/bats poster is on for $450 or b.o.!!!  Holy smokes!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MY-MORNING-JACKET-BOULDER-GIG-POSTER-AP-PROOF-SLATER-/220523148849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

mahg33ta

QuoteKyle, where are the "scrapes"?  I don't see 'em.  Is it across the word "Theater"?  It doesn't show on the other pic.

There seem to be two scrapes, each a pair of lines 1/2" apart or so.  They go up in a diagonal line left to right, the first through the "R" in orpheum and the second through the "A" in theatre.

The zoomed in photo shows the second but pair ("A") but the other pair is more obvious to me on the other picture (it goes up through the gray) so I suspect if you saw a zoom of that it'd be pretty bad.

Again, I'm not trying to scare anyone away and this isn't my sneaky plan to win this auction low, I promise!   Just trying to give a heads up - at least worth a question to the seller for anyone interested.   It's classic silkscreen scrape.

for those who want to see the Slater scratches I was referring to (a VERY costly scratch indeed):

Im The Dude

If you're going to any of the shows you might beable to meet them after the show. I've done it before. save yourself some money.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Ru-day

Do you have any tips on how to orchestrate the encounter?? Where do you go?? Do they walk out to the venue, or should I wait for them on the outside near the buses?? :-/

Penny Lane

QuoteDo you have any tips on how to orchestrate the encounter?? Where do you go?? Do they walk out to the venue, or should I wait for them on the outside near the buses?? :-/

if you're a dude, you wait by the tour bus..

if you're a girl, you go directly home after the show. Jim's kinda shy.

;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ru-day

Right on! Thank you!! Im seeing them tonight at the Greek! Should I go to the bus a few songs before the show is over or should I wait till the show is over??

johnnYYac

Honestly, I wouldn't miss any part of a show hoping to catch them afterward (my opinion only).  A few of us had Jim encounters recently, but a full-band show in a downtown LA venue might be a different scene.  My only attempt to catch the boys after a show failed, but I would never think of leaving before the show is over.  

Ru-day

Johnny, you're a wise man! Some day hopefully I will get to meat "Lord Man"(Y.Y).  ;)

Im The Dude

QuoteDo you have any tips on how to orchestrate the encounter?? Where do you go?? Do they walk out to the venue, or should I wait for them on the outside near the buses?? :-/

If you go to where their tour buses are you can meet them. It depends on the venue and if the buses are behind a gate. You just gotta be patient and wait. At the Columbus show this year I waited about 30 mins and gave up, we had a 3 hour drive back home. But I meet all of them after the Detroit show in 2008. Jim was super nice, we BSed about a local record store in Pittsburgh and he even gave my wife a hug. Super cool. Good luck.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

mhmf2010

I'm hoping to get band signatures of my own when I see them at the Mile High Music Festival in Denver CO this weekend