Yim Yames Solo Album

Started by wamsankas, Oct 18, 2011, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wamsankas

So we have heard murmors of this happening sometime early 2012... this is basically like a new mmj album. i sure am psyched about it. anyone have any new details?

e_wind

I wouldn't say it's basically an MMJ album. Jim might be the main creative design, but everyone in MMJ is one of the best at what they do currently. I honestly hope it's acoustic or something totally different. If its just a rock album under the name Yim Yames I may be bummed.

Also, here's to hoping a Yim solo tour happens.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

lasvegas

Quote from: wamsankas on Oct 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
So we have heard murmors of this happening sometime early 2012... this is basically like a new mmj album. i sure am psyched about it. anyone have any new details?

WHAT?

not even close.

have you ever listened/been to a jim solo show?

nothing like full mmj.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

wamsankas

sorry not basically an mmj album but the same main creative force behind the album

johnnYYac

Definitely looking forward to this, expect something both unique and familiar.

Jim is now officially involved in planning/advising the Newport Folk Festival, so I would think an appearance there next July is guaranteed.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=15616.0
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ttman88

have never seen Jim do a solo show but would enjoy that,

has word been mentioned of the progress on the solo album? release date info?
teet teet

BH

Well Chocolate and Ice was basically a Jim solo album and a ton of other MMJ stuff was too so wamsankas isn't far off.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Oct 18, 2011, 05:36 PM
Well Chocolate and Ice was basically a Jim solo album and a ton of other MMJ stuff was too so wamsankas isn't far off.

Agreed! :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket