MMJ, Adele and K Dollar Sign HA on new Dylan Tribute

Started by BH, Oct 18, 2011, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EasyRyder

Saweet! If memory serves me, Jim said something in Rolling Stone several moons ago about his love for Blood On The Tracks. Can't wait to hear this one...
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

el_chode

Herpe$, I mean Ke$ha should have thought twice, because it's not all right to do what she is about to do to a national treasure.
I'm surrounded by assholes

peafunk31

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
Herpe$, I mean Ke$ha should have thought twice, because it's not all right to do what she is about to do to a national treasure.

Exactly. There needs to be a referee or something to police who gets to cover songs on a tribute album. The thought of Herpe$ covering a Dylan song is sacrilegious.

That said, I wish the boys would have covered "Buckets of Rain". For selfish reasons only. It's been a dream of mine for them to cover it.
Homer no function beer well without.

Randall

I'd like to hear them cover Visions of Johanna - best song ever.

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Shug

Think of what MMJ could do to Meet Me In The Morning with its nasty slow blues riff.  Carl could do some pedal steel wickedry and then switch to dirty sax for a rave up jam.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

kotchishm

Per the article I read it's My Morning Jacket AND Dave Matthews Band tackling the song together.  Dave haters beware MMJ to the darkside!

http://m.exclaim.ca/News/bob_dylan_tribute_taps_adele_my_morning_jacket_patti_smith
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

johnnYYac

Quote from: kotchishm on Oct 20, 2011, 07:27 PM
Per the article I read it's My Morning Jacket AND Dave Matthews Band tackling the song together.  Dave haters beware MMJ to the darkside!

http://m.exclaim.ca/News/bob_dylan_tribute_taps_adele_my_morning_jacket_patti_smith

and Sting!  :-\

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

ttman88

teet teet

My Monkey Friend

good lord, how many dylan tribute albums are we going to get? i think the current 67 is enough!

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 20, 2011, 07:56 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on Oct 20, 2011, 07:27 PM

and Sting!  :-\
Actually, an article in Rolling Stone seems to suggest MMJ will tackle "You're a Big Girl Now" themselves; Sting and DMB are doing other songs.  Who knows?