Main Menu

alabama shakes

Started by ironmike, Oct 19, 2011, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: kotchishm on Sep 28, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm seeing them at Free Fest next weekend.  More excited for PTM but I'm sure they will rock

had to go to FreeFest site to see who PTM was (Portugal. The Man).  I'll be there too.  Heard lots of good things about PTM.  Hoping JW3 plays his female band since I saw him and the fellas last night.
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MamaKel

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/15/148709043/kcrw-presents-the-alabama-shakes?ft=3&f=145926696

Alabama Shakes at KCRW. I listened to this for 3 days straight. She is a monster of holy soul. I love the interview too. They've got the MMJ humor.

Mr. White

Quote from: MamaKel on Sep 29, 2012, 03:59 PM
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/15/148709043/kcrw-presents-the-alabama-shakes?ft=3&f=145926696

Alabama Shakes at KCRW. I listened to this for 3 days straight. She is a monster of holy soul. I love the interview too. They've got the MMJ humor.

Here is a link to the page where you can download this KCRW show I got it from The Steam Engine a while back. I put it on CD, and I listen to it all the time. I've even shared it with friends to introduce Alabama Shakes to them. (I think their live stuff is better than their studio stuff.)
http://thesteamengine.net/home/download-alabama-shakes-2012-01-24-morning-becomes-eclectic.html
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

e_wind

saw the shakes for my first time last night. I don't know if I've ever seen a crowd respond so well to a song by ANY band as they did last night to You Aint Alone. That woman is amazing.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
saw the shakes for my first time last night. I don't know if I've ever seen a crowd respond so well to a song by ANY band as they did last night to You Aint Alone. That woman is amazing.

I was going to go tonight in St. Louis but I went to buy a ticket yesterday and it was sold out!   Doh!   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

oistheone

A studio recording of everyone's favorite tune, "Always Alright", is now available on the soundtrack for some movie (that I have no interest in whatsoever) starring Bradley Cooper. If there's ever a time to cherry-pick one song off an album on iTunes, this is it!

This song has always been a live standout for me, so I'm THRILLED to get my hands on a studio cut well before we see another Shakes album. And I'm equally thrilled to report that it SOUNDS FANTASTIC! Even better than I thought it would. Those stellar Steve Cropper-esque licks sound positively soulicious and come through with so much more clarity compared to the live boots I had previously used for my "Always Alright" fix. I urge all y'all Shakes fans to obtain this track and enjoy!

mahg33ta

thanks for the heads-up.  that's been my favorite too since I started listening to some of the live recordings- and a definite highlight when I saw them live.

johnnYYac

Very cool. I have Amazon credit towards mp3, so this will be free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mahg33ta

Always Alright shows up as "album only" on iTunes.   Bummer!   Not sure I want the whole album.

oistheone

That's so weird, in the iTunes Canada store it is available as a $0.99 standalone download.

I should be able to help you out later tonight.

Mr. White

Alabama Shakes at Bitterzoet in Amsterdam on May 1, 2012. It was recorded and broadcast on 3voor12 (They did the Jim and Carl show a few years ago that was so cool).

Alabama Shakes at Bitterzoet

Jackets N Pones

This is a new Alabama Shakes song featured at the end of the movie Silver Linings Playbook.

Such a jam! The movie is excellent as well. Yeah!

Alabama Shakes ~ Always Alright (Lyrics)

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

HansAndreas

Great song! I really hope I get a chance to see them this year.

Mr. White

Alabama Shakes will be on tonight's Austin City Limits on PBS (Saturday, February 16, 2013). They are listed to play during the second half of the show (after Gary Clark Jr.).

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 16, 2013, 01:06 PM
Alabama Shakes will be on tonight's Austin City Limits on PBS (Saturday, February 16, 2013). They are listed to play during the second half of the show (after Gary Clark Jr.).

and SNL nice.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Mr. White

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Feb 16, 2013, 09:28 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 16, 2013, 01:06 PM

and SNL nice.

I just finished watching my recordings of SNL and ACL. Both were special, but I think I liked the energy they had for that taping of Austin City Limits. I just wish they could have done the whole hour.

johnnYYac

Alabama Shakes are offering a free download of the song Always Alright.

http://www.bit.ly/AlwaysAlrightDL

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 17, 2013, 04:27 PM
Alabama Shakes are offering a free download of the song Always Alright.

http://www.bit.ly/AlwaysAlrightDL

Great song. Thanks!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Willard1979

So far, Hold On and Hang Loose are my 2 favorites. Im hoping the rest of the album will grow on me. I love her voice!