Jim James Interview with GQ Magazine

Started by headhunter, Oct 25, 2011, 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

was some shakin' and some record playin'

e_wind

That article was weird for me. I feel like they backed him into saying some things he normally would find too negative or something. However, I did like how the writer is clearly a big fan
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

subinai

Austin City Lights festival???? c'mon dude

SaraBananaBear

Wasn't there supposed to be a video with this? Where's Carl and his flute!? I was so looking forward to that!  :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Fully

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Oct 25, 2011, 03:17 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a video with this? Where's Carl and his flute!? I was so looking forward to that!  :thumbsup:

There is a video that is a promo of all of the musicians. It features "Outta My System", but there just a few seconds of the band in it.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Fully on Oct 25, 2011, 03:19 PM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Oct 25, 2011, 03:17 PM

There is a video that is a promo of all of the musicians. It features "Outta My System", but there just a few seconds of the band in it.

Yes that's why I was wondering, look at the Black Keys one for example, it has a short video to go with the text, an slightly longer version of the clip of them in the promo.  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

CTdeadhead

I stumbled on this... pretty cool interview.  Funny, from the article there are a list of "Survivors"on the right side and one of the list is Lou Reed and Metallica.  Since the stuff I heard from the upcoming cd was god awful but Im fans of both Metallica and Reed, I clicked on it.  There's a video collage there that uses "Outta My System" as the theme.  Guess the Lulu stuff was so bad they didn't want to use it so they used MMJ.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201111/lou-reed-metallica-gq-music-issue