MMJ on CW's "The Vampire Diaries"

Started by bunk_moreland, Oct 25, 2011, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk_moreland

Anybody else heard anything about this?  I'm not familiar with this show...

http://lounge.cwtv.com/showthread.php?t=771953

"I just saw My Morning Jacket--They blew my pants off!" - Jimmy Fallon

Luna Moth

yea i tend to type bands into youtube or google and filter by date. some article came up a few days ago.. ended up reading the synopsis of the episode and died in laughter. fucking vampire stuff.

someone uploaded some more of that netherland doc today. My Morning Jacket - I Think I'm Going to Hell (live 2000)

johnnYYac

Quote from: bunk_moreland on Oct 25, 2011, 11:04 PM
Anybody else heard anything about this?  I'm not familiar with this show...

http://lounge.cwtv.com/showthread.php?t=771953
I don't even know what channel CW is on, but I looked this up on IMDB and the episode will air November 10th.  Check your local listings...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Luna Moth

Murph

My little sister loves this show and has grown to love MMJ.   She just called me excited as all hell to tell me they were going to be on.  I didn't believe her, but i guess this is really happening.  I have no gripe with it.

Jellyfish

Huge fan of this show....if you can look past the teen fan base it's really well written and the characters are interesting.It's much better than that Twilight crapola.Next weeks episode is a mid-season finale so it's gonna be a cliffhanger.It always has a good soundtrack and MMJ will fit in well I think.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

johnnYYac

CC

The show will feature multiple MMJ tracks, including "Holdin' On To Black Metal" and "First Light," and the band will play "You Wanna Freak Out" at a party that turns out to be a "wake." Watch our exclusive clip from the show.

http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/my-morning-jacket-perform-on-vampire-diaries-20111109

johnnYYac

Frontman Jim James assures fans that MMJ were treated well and that no musicians were harmed in the making of "Homecoming." ""All of the vampires and werewolves we met on the set of The Vampire Diaries were nice regular folks just like most of us – good upstanding citizens, but forced to live with this secret tragic double-life dilemma. They treated us most fairly and with dignity and respect as they sucked our bodily fluids dry and smothered us in sexy kisses. God bless them. God bless them all."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/my-morning-jacket-perform-on-vampire-diaries-20111109#ixzz1dF8dC9pt

BH

So THOSE are the two guys that are always talking at every show.  Assholes.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Nov 09, 2011, 04:09 PM
So THOSE are the two guys that are always talking at every show.  Assholes.

Hahaha! ;D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 09, 2011, 03:45 PM
Frontman Jim James assures fans that MMJ were treated well and that no musicians were harmed in the making of "Homecoming." ""All of the vampires and werewolves we met on the set of The Vampire Diaries were nice regular folks just like most of us – good upstanding citizens, but forced to live with this secret tragic double-life dilemma. They treated us most fairly and with dignity and respect as they sucked our bodily fluids dry and smothered us in sexy kisses. God bless them. God bless them all."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/my-morning-jacket-perform-on-vampire-diaries-20111109#ixzz1dF8dC9pt

Hahaha, excellent quote, thanks JY!  :)

johnnYYac

SaraBananaBear

joey_rogo

saw this thread a little while ago, so i assumed it had already aired. BUT i just noticed on the guide that this epi is on RIGHT NOW. maybe it's a re-run... but im so watching.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Okay, from the deluge of posts following the broadcast of The Vampire Diaries, starring our fabulous furry fivesome, I gather everyone was as stunned as I as to the banality of this show. 

As much as I love MMJ, watching the entire first half of this episode to get to the party scene was kind of like having the blood sucked from my neck, but in a bad way.

So, from this clip, what was running through our hero, Jim's, mind?

I'll start.

"Why the fuck do all the asshole vampires have British accents?"

BH

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 12, 2011, 02:27 PM
Okay, from the deluge of posts following the broadcast of The Vampire Diaries, starring our fabulous furry fivesome, I gather everyone was as stunned as I as to the banality of this show. 

As much as I love MMJ, watching the entire first half of this episode to get to the party scene was kind of like having the blood sucked from my neck, but in a bad way.

I'll start.

"He may be a vampire but I will melt his brain with my tasty guitar licks.  Mwahhhahahhh."
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

Quote from: BH on Nov 14, 2011, 09:31 AM

I'll start.

"He may be a vampire but I will melt his brain with my tasty guitar licks.  Mwahhhahahhh."

"Was True Blood not having a prom scene?"

Jon T.

Quote from: BH on Nov 14, 2011, 09:31 AM

I'll start.

"What the hell was I thinking when I agreed to this?"