M. Ward and Jim collaborations

Started by Tutofqueens, Oct 27, 2011, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tutofqueens

So I've been going through a bit of an M. Ward binge, particularly transistor radio, transfiguration of vincent era, and I'm surprised how many songs I've heard Jim singing harmony on. Fuel for Fire and One life away come to mind off the top of my head, And dear god do those two sound beautiful together. It's like bread and butter, cheese and crackers, shrimp and fried rice! Can you guys help me put together a comprehensive list of M. Ward songs Jim gets a vocal credit on? live performnces are welcomed too, thanks!

Penny Lane

Quote from: Tutofqueens on Oct 27, 2011, 11:13 AM
So I've been going through a bit of an M. Ward binge, particularly transistor radio, transfiguration of vincent era, and I'm surprised how many songs I've heard Jim singing harmony on. Fuel for Fire and One life away come to mind off the top of my head, And dear god do those two sound beautiful together. It's like bread and butter, cheese and crackers, shrimp and fried rice! Can you guys help me put together a comprehensive list of M. Ward songs Jim gets a vocal credit on? live performnces are welcomed too, thanks!

sounds like a job for BH!  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

First off you HAVE to buy the "To Go Home" single if you don't have it already.  It's got 4 songs on it, including a cover of Jimmie Dale Gilmore's Headed For A Fall, that includes vocals from Jim, Nels Cline and Neko Case.

I think there is one other song that Jim sings on but I'm still trying to remember it....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jon T.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Oct 27, 2011, 03:36 PM
First off you HAVE to buy the "To Go Home" single if you don't have it already.  It's got 4 songs on it, including a cover of Jimmie Dale Gilmore's Headed For A Fall, that includes vocals from Jim, Nels Cline and Neko Case.

I think there is one other song that Jim sings on but I'm still trying to remember it....
Here's a quick link to "To Go Home" on Amazon.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

aMillionDreams

He's also on Chinese Translation.  And they've played a few shows together outside of the Monsters of Folk tours that would be worth checking out if you're looking for more.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

Dang, how did I forget Magic Trick.

Is the St. David's Church show on Archive?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mahg33ta

2008 Jim James set at Newport has a bunch of M Ward backing him.

ttman88

hey BH,

where would u suggest purchasing this?

thx
teet teet

Tutofqueens

That to go home ep is great been givin that a lot of listens, does anyone know which late night show they did Chinese Translation on together? I've been lookin for a video of that for a long time and can never find it

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Tutofqueens on Oct 28, 2011, 03:39 PM
That to go home ep is great been givin that a lot of listens, does anyone know which late night show they did Chinese Translation on together? I've been lookin for a video of that for a long time and can never find it

Conan! You can view it here.  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

aMillionDreams

Quote from: ttman88 on Oct 28, 2011, 01:25 PM

hey BH,

thx

4 bucks on iTunes or 7 at Amazon.  That is if you don't have a local independent record store that able to order it for you...
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Tutofqueens

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Oct 28, 2011, 05:55 PM
Quote from: Tutofqueens on Oct 28, 2011, 03:39 PM

Conan! You can view it here.  :)

Yessss! Thanks

ttman88

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Oct 29, 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote from: ttman88 on Oct 28, 2011, 01:25 PM

hey BH,

thx

4 bucks on iTunes or 7 at Amazon.  That is if you don't have a local independent record store that able to order it for you...

thanks!

and i looked at the only independent record store in my town adn they didnt have it...

appreciate the info!

teet teet