MMJ on Jools Holland

Started by Seeker, Oct 27, 2011, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker

Hey everyone, always fun to peek in on this fun bunch.  I've been off to PJ20 and saw a fantastic Daltrey show, but JacketfestWest is a true highlight of my rock n' roll year. Anyway on a Who list I belong to, MMJ is mentioned as being on the Jools Holland show November 1 on BBC 2; but I can't see a mention of it on this forum. It doesn't look like it will shown in the USA immediately, but these Jools shows typically come up on YouTube,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016zg5s
Joining Jools in the studio are London's own Florence and the Machine, returning after their incredibly successful debut album. Florence and band perform tracks from their much anticipated follow-up Ceremonials.
Rock legend Pete Townshend celebrates his landmark 1973 album Quadrophenia, performing a couple of tracks from it.
Also on the show, from Louisville, Kentucky, My Morning Jacket with tracks from their sixth album Circuital.
Suede frontman Brett Anderson debuts his own material from his long-player Black Rainbows.
Completing the line-up are Bombino, named after singer and virtuoso electric guitarist Omara Moctar, who is part of the wandering Tuareg tribes of the Sahara desert, and has been granted the complimentary title 'the desert Hendrix'.
Plus, Al Spx, aka Cold Specks, a brand new voice from Etobicoke in Canada, whose songs have been described as 'bleak but beautiful' and she herself calls 'doom soul'.

kotchishm

Love these performances.  Thanks for posting!
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

SaraBananaBear

Oooh, how exciting!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

coldnebraskablue

Holy crap nearly missed that! It should be repeated on Friday too, in a longer format with (probably) different performances. Raging!   :D

Luna Moth

ive been searching US channels and cant find a showing if anyone figures it out let us know.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Seeker

I used to get old re-runs of Jools on the Ovation channel but they don't seem to carry it now. 

I have always promoted MMJ with my Who friends. The UK peeps will tune in to see Pete Townshend on this show, so I'll get some MMJ feedback for sure. I'll have to explain that Black Metal isn't quite the whole MMJ sound. :)

This is a cool version though.

Charles

buster douglas

That was my favourite video performance of the tune yet.
Jim's guitar sounded pure evil.

coldnebraskablue

The Friday repeat had 3 cuts - "First Light", "Freak Out" and "Black Metal". I'm going to try and get some kind of DVD together.

coldnebraskablue

DVD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBRSLI1I

No menu, no frills. PAL format. Taken from digital broadcast via SKy Box, direct to a DVD recorder. There is unfortunately about 1 second of digital meltdown in First Light, its on the original recording so I guess I momentarily lost the satellite.

4 tracks:
1) Black Metal (Tuesday night live broadcast)
2) First Light
3) You Wanna Freak Out
4) Black Metal (possibly different to the Tuesday night version)

Enjoy !  :beer:

dragonboy

Watched this last night, excellent performance! Cheers for the upload.

Usually everyone gets 2 songs, some artists only 1, I can't remember anyone ever getting 3 before...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

smhoffmann02

Best live performance of HOTBM that I've heard yet.  Loved it!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: coldnebraskablue on Nov 05, 2011, 01:12 PM
DVD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBRSLI1I

No menu, no frills. PAL format. Taken from digital broadcast via SKy Box, direct to a DVD recorder. There is unfortunately about 1 second of digital meltdown in First Light, its on the original recording so I guess I momentarily lost the satellite.

4 tracks:
1) Black Metal (Tuesday night live broadcast)
2) First Light
3) You Wanna Freak Out
4) Black Metal (possibly different to the Tuesday night version)

Enjoy !  :beer:

Yes please and thank you! :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

coldnebraskablue

A Hi-Def version has just appeared on Dime, for those who have an account:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=384389

:thumbsup: