neeed a new album.... suggestions??????

Started by ttman88, Oct 29, 2011, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttman88

looking to buy a new album asap.....

suggestions are appreciated!

I know black keys new album "El Camino" comes out Dec. 6th ... just listened to the single they released ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/songreviews/lonely-boy-20111026

but i want a new album now! hahah

thanks and much obliged !
teet teet

el_chode

New as in forthcoming/just came out, or "if you never listened to the Replacements, now is the time" new?
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ru-day

The new, "The Antlers"is soooooo good.  :thumbsup:  It's definitely in my top five albums of 2011! "Parentheses" Preview this song on youtube, its a great representation of what the album is all about. ;)

ttman88

doesnt have to be new jsut want some sweet selections for my library !

Ill check these out thanks!
teet teet

e_wind

New as in new(ish) releases.... The Whole Love by Wilco or Middle Brothers s/t. Best of 2011.

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ttman88

ru-day... thx for the antlers tid bit, just listened to most of the Burst Apart album and ordered it on Amazon...  great sounds and good vibes ....

got the wilco album, havent herd of Middle Brothers ill hav to check um out
teet teet

Eweezy

Yikes!

e_wind

Quote from: ttman88 on Oct 30, 2011, 06:15 PM
ru-day... thx for the antlers tid bit, just listened to most of the Burst Apart album and ordered it on Amazon...  great sounds and good vibes ....

got the wilco album, havent herd of Middle Brothers ill hav to check um out

Middle Brother is the lead singers of Delta Spirit, Dawes, and Deer Tick in a supergroup MoF type band. In my opinion, its the best thing that any of them have ever done, and one of the best albums to come out in years. I'd have to say the last time I was so obsessed with an album was when Monsters of Folk released their album. the Middle Brother record is one of my favorite of all time.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

blucas

Outside Love by the Pink Mountaintops was my favorite 2009 album.  I haven't ever talked with anyone or met anyone who knows it...
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Jaimoe

Quote from: blucas on Oct 30, 2011, 07:35 PM
Outside Love by the Pink Mountaintops was my favorite 2009 album.  I haven't ever talked with anyone or met anyone who knows it...

I haven't heard much off that album (if at all), but PM are a kick ass band as are their various incarnations such as Black Mountain.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 30, 2011, 07:42 PM
Quote from: blucas on Oct 30, 2011, 07:35 PM

I haven't heard much off that album (if at all), but PM are a kick ass band as are their various incarnations such as Black Mountain.

Pink Mountaintops: Axis of Evol is my favorite of the whole BM/PM stuff..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

el_chode

Lunchbox

Fully

I'm enjoying Meyer Hawthorne's "How Do You Do". It sounds like old soul, but the lyrics are a bit more modern.

el_chode

Ghosts_on_TV

Have you heard High Violet by The National? Or The National in general?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ru-day

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Nov 01, 2011, 02:25 AM

High Violet is amazing!!! Check out "Boxer" also from The National, both albums are classic. Hello Shelby,

ttman88

Quote from: Ru-day on Nov 01, 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Nov 01, 2011, 02:25 AM

High Violet is amazing!!! Check out "Boxer" also from The National, both albums are classic. Hello Shelby,

"Boxer" is a classic
teet teet

IHL

Luna Moth

http://www.colorfeels.com/

if you're interested in a new band as well as a new album give these guys a spin on their website. kind of like a mid-twenties nashville version of Grizzly Bear with a Local Natives type attitude.

Carl Broemel is also on one of the tracks but i cant recall which one at the moment.