Main Menu

Roger Waters 2012

Started by ChiefOKONO, Nov 01, 2011, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

What has two thumbs and Roger Waters tickets?

This gal!  :D :D :D :D (plus a hefty debt on her credit card :'(

johnnYYac

Nice!  I was waiting for an email from rogerwaters.com regarding presale, but no such luck.  I believe those would have gone out today, so I guess I'm out of luck. 

I hope to go and have been recruiting friends.  They're shying away from the ticket prices for the Hartford show ($75-$200).  Still, I've got 3 or 4 who might be willing to go middle-level seats ($125).

I know some of you went last year.  Was it worth it?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MarkW

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 07, 2011, 12:47 PM
I know some of you went last year.  Was it worth it?

I saw it twice this year (Barcelona & London); cost me a bloody fortune.  It is the best "show" I've ever been to.  Very difficult to compare to a normal gig, but the sound and visuals were unbelievably good.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

johnnYYac

Alright, pulled the trigger on 3 mid-level seats in Hartford on June 29.  $435! 

Can't not do this, though.

$145 buys you a seat in the circled area below. 

I'll stop complaining now and get psyched instead!

ericm

Based on everything I've heard, you'll be happy with those seats for this show, Johnny. :thumbsup:

I passed the last time around, but some friends sat real close, and others about where you'll be. They all said the same thing. Too close for this show isn't all that great. It seems that you get a better audio/visual effect farther back.

I'll be hitting the Philly show this Summer, and maybe Orlando too. :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 07, 2011, 05:02 PM
Alright, pulled the trigger on 3 mid-level seats in Hartford on June 29.  $435! 

Can't not do this, though.

$145 buys you a seat in the circled area below. 

I'll stop complaining now and get psyched instead!

I got the same type of seats, John. I think farther away is better so that we can take in the entire spectacle. Also, a little easier on my credit card. I'll be able to buy the kiddies a few gifts for Christmas and perhaps still go on a few roadtrips to see shows too.

TheThird

I was at the Atlanta show and it was flipping amazing! (hopefully!) Round 2 in Nashville! Don't pass up the opportunity to see this "show" guys. You won't be disappointed. I promise!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Cameron

I'm gonna get a cheapy for austin.

ManNamedTruth

Just ordered two "cheap" seats for a total of $140.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Tracy 2112

I just pulled the trigger for $120 each for Nashville. It was nothing but nose bleed city for $100, but I kept looking and lo and behold dead center, Row A, middle tier popped up and I had to go.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Nov 14, 2011, 11:17 AM
I just pulled the trigger for $120 each for Nashville. It was nothing but nose bleed city for $100, but I kept looking and lo and behold dead center, Row A, middle tier popped up and I had to go.

Lucky girl!

Jon T.

Quote from: Fully on Nov 14, 2011, 12:06 PM

Lucky girl!

:-*

Tracy 2112

Lucky girl!

I tell my wife that all the time   :)

johnnYYac

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Nov 14, 2011, 12:16 PM

Lucky girl!

You do realize, Tracy, that your avatar has a pink "I'm a girl" icon... 

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 14, 2011, 12:22 PM

Lucky girl!

:)

I was confused until I noticed his wrong gender icon.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tracy 2112

Lucky girl!

I don't like boxes or categories.

ophidiophobia

I picked up a ticket for the Tulsa show today. Looking forward to the show. I just hope that I can see the stage being as far away as I'm going to be.

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Nov 14, 2011, 01:44 PM

Lucky girl!

That's the great thing about this: there's room in this world for everyone, boxes or no boxes! ::)

TheThird

Quote from: Fully on Nov 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Nov 14, 2011, 01:44 PM

Lucky girl!

That's the great thing about this: there's room in this world for everyone, boxes or no boxes! ::)

Unless you work at UPS. Ok stupid comment time's over. Have a good evening everyone!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

mahg33ta

YEAH BOY.   Best July Ever?  Fenway / Forecastle / Folk Fest.