Thursday 9:30est The Twilight Singers - Powder Burns

Started by sweatboard, Nov 02, 2011, 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

So we moved the Club to Thursday? Well that's good. Gives me a chance to listen over and over. I'm in a really shitty depressed mood so this should fit right in with my 'tude right now.

bowl of soup

Quote from: sweatboard on Nov 03, 2011, 12:33 AM
"I've always thought of it more as a love leetter to a life gone by. "I still want that life, but just can't live it anymore."

SPOT ON!!!! I think

I'm not that familar with Mark and Greg's relaitionshiop, I'm curious to hear more about it.

I found this website that I thought was interesting....

http://www.bonnie-brae.org/

That website is interesting.  Got to be a coincidence, right?  Place is in New Jersey and is for "young men."  Greg ain't young and he is from Cincinnati so I doubt he went there as a young man.

Lannegan and Dulli are really good friends from all the way back to the Screaming Trees / Afghan Whigs days.  They had similar hobbies.  "Number Nine" on Blackberry Belle is the best closing song ever - co-sung by Lannegan and Dulli.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

mahg33ta

looking forward to this- have listened twice and will be around tonight for a 3rd spin through

mahg33ta

It might be just me, but I am starting playback !

mahg33ta

well I won't turn this into a long monologue, but I will say I enjoyed the album, but my favorite section is songs 3 - 6 (starting now).   All 4 are great ... then the album hits a lull until the title track IMO.

bowl of soup

bowl of soup

It's an intentional lull.  That section gets better with more listens.  The guitar at the end of dead to rights kills me and the conversation is a crucial sons. Dulli writes albums as a whole, not just songs.

bowl of soup

For the unconverted.  This was written and recorded as Dulli was kicking drugs and after Katrina ripped New Orleans apart.  Dulli live in the big easy and some was recorded there with generators.  The storm became a metaphor for his life.

bowl of soup

Remember to tip your waitors and bartenders on your way out... :-\

bowl of soup

Please accept this as my formal resignation letter from the forum album club.  I have enjoyed my six days as a member and will always cherish the memories that I have made and the dear friends that I have found during my journey here. I have been presented with opportunity at the nickelback facebook forum that is frankly too good to pass up. We'll be hitting the best of Creed all weekend long if you want to join us. Much love to all.