Carl's Daytrotter Session

Started by jones, Nov 09, 2011, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

By the way, if you get the free 7 day trial membership you can still download the session at no cost.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: jones on Nov 09, 2011, 12:22 PM
By the way, if you get the free 7 day trial membership you can still download the session at no cost.

Oooh, sounds goodie! Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

BH

Nice!   Thanks for the heads up.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

Thanks. I forget about Daytrotter.

searchinbig

Very nice, thanks. :)

I still can't believe that Carl's record All Birds Say,(the deluxe) is still available. It's such a great album. The pressing is awesome. A very beautiful package too. I just recently got around to converting and watching on dvd the bonus videos that were included. Carl is such a great musician. At the end he does this great jam all alone. If you don't have this record BUY IT!!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

weeniebeenie

I loved the Daytrotter session. On The Case sounded so good.
And I totally agree searchinbig, everyone needs to buy this album.
How loud can silence get?

mahg33ta

I am still holding out for a NYC gig on 12/13 or 12/15 but not based on any reality, just wishful thinking.

wolof7

Thanks so much g33ta, great session. Daytrotter is a really amazing site and they have had such an extensive amount of great guests/music/artwork over the years, I'll put $2 down per month to keep this treasure going.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ms. yvon

listening to this session again today.  so lovely.  does anyone know who is accompanying carl on the piano?  bo plays on the album but i can't find a credit for who is on the session with him.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

MamaKel

Jesus, Carl.  Just fucking break my heart.  His voice has the fragile heartbreak of Lou Reed's, but it's so astoundingly melodic...you don't know whether to fly or to crash.  The piano is fucking great too. I would like to know who that is, as well.

Mr. White

Quote from: searchinbig on Nov 10, 2011, 07:22 AM
Very nice, thanks. :)

I still can't believe that Carl's record All Birds Say,(the deluxe) is still available. It's such a great album. The pressing is awesome. A very beautiful package too. I just recently got around to converting and watching on dvd the bonus videos that were included. Carl is such a great musician. At the end he does this great jam all alone. If you don't have this record BUY IT!!

I got the record less than a year before Ear X-Tacy closed down for good back in December of 2011. I didn't know there was a "Deluxe" version that had bonus videos though. After getting the album, I did do a search for videos of his on YouTube and found several. I also converted them to a format I could record to DVD (Windows Media Video). After seeing this post, I thought I would find them again to post here. As of right now, I have only found 2 videos. I will keep looking.

Carl Broemel - Carried Away

Carl Broemel - Questions
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

searchinbig

Mr White, check your inbox.  :thumbsup:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ms. yvon

wow!  terrific, mr. white!  thank you for the vids  :beer:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

FiddleCastro

I love that performance of Questions.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh