Why do you love MMJ?

Started by hohomanofsteel, Apr 23, 2012, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Welcome!  To make a long story short, Jim's reverby voice on the old records and their live shows. :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

CHIMMJFAN

The best reason why is that MMJ brought music back from the dead for me. I was blown away by what I was hearing. Then when I started seeing their live shows, I saw my body go into this different world that I didn't know I could experience.
I've met great fans of the band at shows, shared many great road trips with friends of mine going to a MMJ show, and learned to appreciate all the hard work that goes into making a successful band.
I love that this band seems like they really do care about their fans. The morning of Forecastle when weather seemed as though it would prevent MMJ's soundcheck from happening was the truest indication of just how much this band cares. Coming over to the fans and doing an acoustic soundcheck set was something they didn't have to do. I was fortunate enough to meet the band later that night at the Belle Afterparty. I made sure I told Tom, Bo, Carl, Patrick, and Jim each how much I and all the fans appreciated doing that for us. They were all very gracious and basically said, "oh no problem, thanks for coming!" Some even mentioned that they were just happy they got to perform for us that morning.
The best explanation I can give to people who ask why I love this band so much is bringing them to a show. MMJ puts all of their heart and soul into their performances. And hell, they have also opened my eyes to what a wonderful city Louisville, KY is. lol

I am rambling and I could continue to go on and on but I share what a lot of people have already mentioned in this thread why I love this band. Thank you MMJ!!!!!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

armando

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Sep 08, 2012, 04:11 AM
MMJ puts all of their heart and soul into their performances.

Absolutely! You can see and hear it in every song. That's what keeps me coming back.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

exist10z

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Sep 05, 2012, 06:13 PM
They are an old school rock band, a folk band, a glam band, a metal band, a funk band and the world's greatest cover band all rolled into one. Plus, Jim James voice gives me chills.

You've come to the right place. Welcome!

This.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

armando

Woke up to whiny kids, my wife in a foul mood, a flat tire, and staring down a long day at work. Put on some MMJ on the way to the tire place this morning and my mood instantly improved. That's why.

Mr. White

I respect their live stuff so much. I've seen them live 4 times now, and they always seem to top themselves. You can tell they're really into it while on stage. Sure hope they continue to love making music together and touring extensively for many many years to come.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

exist10z

Because they just gave me the best 3 consecutive nights of my life...

...and really, what's not to love?
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Taterbug

Because all the female fans are SMOKIN HOT !!!!  And JohnnYYac ain't bad either  :bath:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

Quote from: Taterbug on Sep 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
Because all the female fans are SMOKIN HOT !!!!  And JohnnYYac ain't bad either  :bath:
:beer:  :kiss:  :thumbsup: