My Morning Straightjacket and the uninformed...

Started by vwxg14a, Aug 31, 2010, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwxg14a

So I am at work and I decided to stream the American Dad episode while working.  I am 48 and just hired a an accountant who is 22.  While training her, I have the episode streaming in the background.  She asks if I like American Dad, which I reply not really, but I love this episode.  I said it described how I felt when I saw the boys on Conan for the first time 7 years ago.

She replied, "that was a real band on the episode, I thought they were made up".  

wow.
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

Penny Lane

QuoteSo I am at work and I decided to stream the American Dad episode while working.  I am 48 and just hired a an accountant who is 22.  While training her, I have the episode streaming in the background.  She asks if I like American Dad, which I reply not really, but I love this episode.  I said it described how I felt when I saw the boys on Conan for the first time 7 years ago.

She replied, "that was a real band on the episode, I thought they were made up".  

wow.

i hope you promptly fired her and hired someone w/better music taste.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Here's a 178 MB .avi file of the episode without commercials.  I think the link is still good.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A4D5T73P
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

vwxg14a

QuoteSo I am at work and I decided to stream the American Dad episode while working.  I am 48 and just hired a an accountant who is 22.  While training her, I have the episode streaming in the background.  She asks if I like American Dad, which I reply not really, but I love this episode.  I said it described how I felt when I saw the boys on Conan for the first time 7 years ago.

wow.

Actually she redeemed herself and said that she should take a listen to them.

Converting one fan at a time.

Love Dogg

wow.

Give her Acoustic Citsuoca to listen to.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

SaraBananaBear

wow.

Good, good! World domination coming up! This seems to be a common mistake though, I've heard it from more than one person, it's a bit weird (for many reasons) but especially considering the clip from Okonokos at the end, but maybe people didn't watch until the end?
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

scosby2

this episode was on again sunday night on fox...i managed to get it on my tivo again

vwxg14a

And my personal journey of conversion to the House of MMJ will continue with the T5 shows.  I have 2 tickets for each show and I plan on dragging one friend a night to a show.  Also, my daughter and her boyfriend will be seeing their first MMJ shows (Z and EU).  

I think we should be like the old Breck commercials, they told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on...

Of course, maybe we should keep it our secret, because I have been able to get tickets for every show I wanted to go to so far.

br00ke

QuoteHere's a 178 MB .avi file of the episode without commercials.  I think the link is still good.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A4D5T73P

o0oh thanks for that .. my DVR deleted it on me and oh how sad was i

Erik26

I remember when that episode first aired there were A LOT of people that thought (and probably still do) that it was a made up band. Which to me is weird because of the LIVE CLIP they show at the end...LOL

Also, MMJ on ACL re-airs next weekend on PBS!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need