Let's play name that tune

Started by bowl of soup, Nov 28, 2011, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

This used to make my skin crawl, now I just hope that they got paid.

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

bowl of soup

bowl of soup

The object is to identify the song in this commercial.  I could give hints.  It could also be that nobody gives a shit - I have considered that possibility.

Jon T.

Quote from: bowl of soup on Nov 29, 2011, 02:36 PM
The object is to identify the song in this commercial.  I could give hints.  It could also be that nobody gives a shit - I have considered that possibility.

You're carrying on quite the conversation in here!   ;D

I did not know the song, but I will guess either Pixies or some variation of Dulli?

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

bowl of soup

We have winner.  It is amazing how often that song has been used in things.  It has its own wikipedia entry.  I hope they made microsoft pay them 17 trillion dollars.  I used to harbor dillusions of my heroes remaining "pure" and not "selling out."  Then I watched Loud Quiet Loud and I see David Lovering milling about broke with metal detectors and doing magic tricks at birthday parties and Joey Santiago really struggling with a young family and I changed my mind.

I'm sure Black gets the $$ for the song rights, but the never-ending tour has got to be putting some money in their pockets.  Good for them.  Amazing what happens to bands.  I mean the Pixies were never the Rolling Stones or anything - but they were a very big and impactful band in their own right.  Black has trouble getting his solo stuff distributed, Kim's a mess of her own making, and Joey and David really struggled.

mjk73

I missed it the first time, second time, hell the 3rd time through. I didn't catch it until about the :30 mark. I wish artists didn't have to do this but I understand why. sigh

I think I'm more disturbed that doctors use the Kinect to perform surgery? Uhh. What?! Excuse me, but if my quack is using a video game, I'm streaking out of the hospital. Gown open and all.  :-\

Tracy 2112

Quote from: mjk73 on Nov 29, 2011, 03:48 PM
I missed it the first time, second time, hell the 3rd time through. I didn't catch it until about the :30 mark. I wish artists didn't have to do this but I understand why. sigh

I think I'm more disturbed that doctors use the Kinect to perform surgery? Uhh. What?! Excuse me, but if my quack is using a video game, I'm streaking out of the hospital. Gown open and all.  :-\

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

mjk73

My ass is a little more shaply but yeah something like that.