Main Menu

John Frusciante

Started by Rob, Jan 26, 2009, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

Does anyone get into his solo stuff?

I'm new to his music, but I just bought the new one, The Empyrean, and really love it. Comes out tomorrow, but my local indie shop had it out today. The CD sounds awesome by the way......no compression......you can actually utilize your volume knob!

Cool album......I can imagine playing this for years to come. He even does a cover of Song To The Siren that's really good.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

dragonboy

I have his debut Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt & Shadows Collide with People, don't listen to either of them much though...

EDIT: the new track Unreachable on his myspace page is pretty cool!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Taxman

Yeah, his new album is great, especially in the instrumental sections. He actually kind of pulls of 'song to the siren', by singingit restrainded.
I'm not trying to be mysterious about it, it's just that what I do is tough to explain.
-Macgyver

cmason84

He did a 6 album in 6 month ordeal back in 2004 or 2005. Those albums are by far his best work. Those albums are: The Will to Death; DC EP; Inside of Emptiness; Automatic Writing (as Ataxia, not John Frusciante); Curtains; and A sphere in the heart of Silence (a bit more electronic, but still good). All good stuff and definitely worth listening to.

nickdavies7

I'm an obsessive RHCP fan, and i am slowly getting into his solo stuff. His vocals have gone from good to amazing in the past 6-7 years. If you hear some recent live songs by the peppers, you can hear his voice beautifully. Here is a good example. Funky Monks (sidenote: they have only performed this song 4 times):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSWpsFO3Jpw
Signatures are over rated

Come Closer

I need a late pass, I'm just getting into his music. I'm blown away by how good of a songwriter he is. His run of albums in 04-05 is no joke! 

abeeha

A big one for me is Ghost on Ghost by Iron and Wine.  After the last album (Kiss Each Other Clean) which was just brilliant in my opinion, I can't get into the new one at all, and I'm not sure exactly why.

From beginner to experts, the 70-294 graphic tutorial and 70-630 design shows you how to create inspiring web designs.  Become expert graphic designer with SY0-401 braindumps online course.For more information about this product visit The University of Tokyo and also visit University of Arkansas at Little Rock ,best of luck.

ABEEHA

oistheone

Inside of Emptiness is one hell of a record. "I'm Around" is one of my favorite songs ever. Just so tender, so cathartic. For some reason, that was the only album in the 04-05 run that I picked up. Glad this thread popped up, because now I've got the reminder I needed to get diggin' in the Frusciante back catalog. I know he and RZA worked together a year or two ago, must track that down...

Jaimoe

RHCP will never recover from John's departure. Major talent, although criminally underrated.