Jim at The Speaking Clock Review (New York)

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Sep 14, 2010, 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Just found this.....

TBone Burnett will premiere The Speaking Clock Revue - a multi-artist concert extravaganza - on October 16 at the Wang Center in Boston and October 20 at the Beacon Theater in New York City. Both evenings of the Revue will feature performances by Elton John & Leon Russell, John Mellencamp, Elvis Costello, Gregg Allman, Ralph Stanley, Jeff Bridges, Punch Brothers, Karen Elson, and newcomers The Secret Sisters. In addition, Neko Case and Jim James from My Morning Jacket will join the lineup in Boston and New York respectively.

The concerts will be presented in a revue format with a house band consisting of the players featured on numerous Burnett-produced recordings. Tickets for The Speaking Clock Revue will go on sale Monday, September 27 at noon, through Ticketmaster (http://ticketmaster.com).
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Damn just noticed that's the night of Carl's show.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

QuoteDamn just noticed that's the night of Carl's show.
I've always wanted to see Leon Russell just once..even for a minute.
There might be a high attrition rate for Joe's now huh?  Oh well, my cash flow situation makes it an easy decision.  See y'all at Joe's
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

QuoteDamn just noticed that's the night of Carl's show.
I've always wanted to see Leon Russell just once..even for a minute.
There might be a high attrition rate for Joe's now huh?  Oh well, my cash flow situation makes it an easy decision.  See y'all at Joe's

i better see you there....
i bought 18 tickets! someone better f-in show up!  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

No way I'm bailing on Joe's.   How far apart are these venues?

woodnymph

Ayeee I already bought my Joe's ticket, but I wonder how much this dealie is....... and oh man it's not that far from T5..... sheeewwwtt.....
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Penny Lane

QuoteNo way I'm bailing on Joe's.   How far apart are these venues?

the Beacon's pretty far up there from Joe's Pub (it's on 74th)
it would be about a 20-30 min train ride---maybe an hour door to door as an estimate..sounds like these will be $, too..the Joe's Pub thing is going to be so intimate and special..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

joey_rogo

Sounds neat, but I'd rather be at Joe's

oistheone

Daaaaaaamn, this sounds way cool. First, the T5 run. Then, news of the Ramble. Now this! Like I haven't spent enough money I don't have on concerts for that week. If I can score tickets to this for under $100, I'll have a hard time passing them up. Time to get a new credit card.

Ruckus

Guess you put this thread in the wrong section buddy ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head