Grammy nomination!!!

Started by Fully, Nov 30, 2011, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Circuital got a grammy nomination for Best Alternative Album. Way to go, guys!!! :beer:

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Nov 30, 2011, 11:16 PM
Circuital got a grammy nomination for Best Alternative Album. Way to go, guys!!! :beer:
Nice!  I kinda expected that.  I might actually care a little about the Grammy's next year.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jaye

Wow -  cool!  :beer:

(Fully, you are the queen of google alerts!!)

Fully

Quote from: jaye on Nov 30, 2011, 11:37 PM
Wow -  cool!  :beer:

(Fully, you are the queen of google alerts!!)
Actually, I just spent the last six hours getting ready to be evaluated tomorrow and was cruising twitter, saw the grammy's were trending and went to look at the list. Must..get..off..computer.......

tdb810

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 30, 2011, 11:37 PM
Nice!  I kinda expected that.  I might actually care a little about the Grammy's next year.
Considering I am an awards show JUNKIE - despite the crap that's on there - I find this very exciting.  I remember in 09 when they were nominated, totally stalking the grammy show for what they were wearing on the red carpet :)   

.....Back at the Model Home

YouAre_GivenToFly

Awesome... I can root for them AND Wilco (nominated for Best Rock Album).
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

is this one of the awards they give out on the show?!

That's awesome!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tdb810

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 01, 2011, 09:56 AM

they did last time.  this is the field:
BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Codes and Keys - Death Cab For Cutie
Torches - Foster The People
Circuital - My Morning Jacket
The King of Limbs - Radiohead

.....Back at the Model Home

vespachick

Quote from: tdb810 on Dec 01, 2011, 09:04 AM
Considering I am an awards show JUNKIE - despite the crap that's on there - I find this very exciting.  I remember in 09 when they were nominated, totally stalking the grammy show for what they were wearing on the red carpet :)   

NO BROWN PANTS!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: vespachick on Dec 01, 2011, 11:27 AM

NO BROWN PANTS!

Brown shoes with black pants. Never going to win a Grammy dressed like that, Jim!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

jones

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 01, 2011, 11:52 AM

NO BROWN PANTS!

Brown shoes with black pants. Never going to win a Grammy dressed like that, Jim!
...or the navy cape.

/my eyes!!!

johnnYYac

Quote from: jones on Dec 01, 2011, 12:01 PM

NO BROWN PANTS!

...or the navy cape.

/my eyes!!!
Y'know, that's just what flyguy would say.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Quote from: tdb810 on Dec 01, 2011, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 01, 2011, 09:56 AM

they did last time.  this is the field:
BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Codes and Keys - Death Cab For Cutie
Torches - Foster The People
Circuital - My Morning Jacket
The King of Limbs - Radiohead

DAMMIT!   I can't even SEE the word Foster any more without getting that fucking song stuck in my head for the whole day.   Ugggg
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dillsnufus

ugh if radiohead wins again!
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

bluesky

Daniel Day Lewis won an Oscar for There Will Be Blood wearing the black brown comb. It can be done!! ( by the way trying to quote text and place my reply at the end is impossible from an iPhone)

smhoffmann02

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 01, 2011, 09:28 AM
Awesome... I can root for them AND Wilco (nominated for Best Rock Album).

I second this notion!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Fully

I think it's weird how Mumford and Sons got several nominations over an album that has been out since well before the last Grammy nomination. Also, Kings of Leon's album? Really for Best Rock Album? What an insult. Of course the Grammys are really too main stream. Although giving so many nominations to Bon Iver is quite avante-garde for this show.

danz

Quote from: bluesky on Dec 01, 2011, 12:37 PM
( by the way trying to quote text and place my reply at the end is impossible from an iPhone)

;) :D

Rufus T. Firefly

you know what's better than a grammy nomination...not being nominated

admittedly I don't comprehend award shows, especially for art

yeah, I'm cool like that ::)

rusty95

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 01, 2011, 12:02 PM
Quote from: jones on Dec 01, 2011, 12:01 PM

NO BROWN PANTS!

...or the navy cape.

/my eyes!!!
Y'know, that's just what flyguy would say.

Tom is actually casual here,  saves his good shit for the shows, Tom kicks major ass!
Y'all got any disco ball back there?