Circuital Golden Ticket

Started by danz, Dec 02, 2011, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danz

I know this is old, but the new posters with limited signatures reminded me about the 'golden ticket' that was sent one one (or two?) Roll Call members when the club first started.  I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything.  Who did receive that golden ticket?

johnnYYac

I seem to recall one went to Mike (searchinbig)... yep.

Quote from: searchinbig on Jul 14, 2011, 12:34 PM
                    :D :D :D :D      WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!   :D :D  :D :D :D
I Got the Golden Ticket!!!!!

Holy Fuck, I never win anything!!!! I'll post a photo as soon as I can. My wife says it's a certificate to get the Danny Clinch autographed photo. I'm at work.

I'm so freakin' excited my pants are wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHILLS
Revised: Must say THANK YOU MMJ and ATO

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=14601.40
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

searchinbig

I did. I have not framed it yet. I tried to take a pic to share with you guys with my daughter's camera but it kinda looks like shit.

I will say it really is beautiful. I even got some info on it when I emailed Danny Clinch about it. I do not own a digital camera and still take pics with my Nikon F3 so I was interested in some info from a REAL photographer!  Don't have the email in front of me but if you are interested, I'll post it!

By the way, this was not related to Roll Call.  This was for purchasing the deluxe box set of Circuital. I wonder if anyone won the all access pass??
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

subinai

Quote from: searchinbig on Dec 02, 2011, 06:59 AM
I did. I have not framed it yet. I tried to take a pic to share with you guys with my daughter's camera but it kinda looks like shit.

I will say it really is beautiful. I even got some info on it when I emailed Danny Clinch about it. I do not own a digital camera and still take pics with my Nikon F3 so I was interested in some info from a REAL photographer!  Don't have the email in front of me but if you are interested, I'll post it!

By the way, this was not related to Roll Call.  This was for purchasing the deluxe box set of Circuital. I wonder if anyone won the all access pass??

i'm interested!

danz

That's right, Box set, not Roll Call.  Congrats Mike!

So there was one or two Golden ticket winners?

And there was an All-Access pass as a prize for one Roll Call member?

and ya, post what Danny said.  He was super cool when I talked to him at T5.

johnnYYac

While you're at it, Mike, how about another quick email to D. Clinch as to a release date for Louisiana Fairytale on DVD?  I've been waiting to hear if anyone here got the access pass, but not everyone in Roll Call is a forumite... and versa/visa. 

searchinbig

Will do Mr. Yac. Gotta wait till I get home though. I'll let you know.  ;)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

searchinbig

Quote from: subinai on Dec 02, 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote from: searchinbig on Dec 02, 2011, 06:59 AM

i'm interested!

Here's the copies of emails from DC studio. Very nice folks indeed. Got right back to me. Remember to read from the bottom first! Some of you photographers might be interested. My Golden Ticket picture is actually 16x20, so it's a nice size. Damn, I saw on DC website they get around $650 bucks for a photo, not even signed by the artists. This one is signed by the band and Danny. My most cherished piece by far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you bet - learn something new every day huh? have a nice weekend
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Aug 19, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Michael  wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....okay thanks!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Lisa  wrote:

I think it would be easier for you to read this article rather than me trying to explain since i'm not a photographer :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintype

Enjoy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:46 PM, Michael  wrote:

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Mr. Clinch did not but I'm sure he is very busy.  What does Tin Type shot mean?
Also do you now what caused the cool effect on the lower left of the shot? I guess if you did not see it then you may not know what I'm talking about. Well thanks for all the info, I really love the picture.

Mike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Lisa  wrote:
  Hi Mike,
Not sure if Danny responded to you or not but the image is an 11x14 Tin Type shot with a old view camera that is a mixture of parts.
Let me know if you need anything else

Best,
Lisa

johnnYYac

must... have... picture... of... picture...

when you get a chance  ;)

danz

Nice.  Yes, please show us!!!!!

searchinbig

Hey all,

I totally apologize for the quality of these pictures. Did the best I could, but they don't really do the photo any justice. It's still in a plastic jacket so that kind of detracts from the image, plus I used a borrowed ancient digital camera. Danny would kill me if he saw this. At least you all can finally view it.

JJ's at it again. Is it 34 or 37?? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!!

johnnYYac

I'm speechless.  I uh hfmmm.  See.

headhunter

wow-- that is really special.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

danz

So, is it a tintype mounted on some sort of heavy stock?

searchinbig

No it's not mounted.  I just have it leaning on a piece of cardboard to take the picture I posted. It's in a protective plastic jacket. I dare not take it out until I'm ready to get it framed, which will be real soon. It's a 16x20 photograph, on glossy paper.  The sigs are in silver. Again sorry for the lousy pics, wish you all could really see it.

danz

if you invited us over.... ;)

danz

I'm guessing this some sort of tintype emulsion transfer.  An actual tintype would be on tin.  Transferring adds another process...

smhoffmann02

Nothing short of effin awesome.  Envious...
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

DaFunkyPrecedent

how much you want for that piece of shit? I'll give you $50 bucks....
God damn those shaky knees.

Sweet Nothing

Absolutely great, and congratulations!!! So who is the other lucky winner for the other? 

Edit: Expresso Beans Mentions that *10 boxes selected at random will contain a "Golden Ticket" entitling the bearer to an original print signed by the band and Danny Clinch. 

Can some one let me know some more info as i saw that others had mentioned 2 "Golden Tickets"?