Main Menu

Diamond Rugs

Started by wolof7, Dec 05, 2011, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Hahaha! I was equally disappointed. Really want to see these guys! After all that lead up I thought we'd at least get, what, 20 dates maybe? Jeesh.

zanjam

Those tour dates are laughable!!  I hope there's more on the horizon.
anything + reverb always = better

MrWhippy

I'm going to get to see them at Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin.  I'll report back.  As you guys said, hopefully there will be more tour dates.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Fully

I think I may go to the Nashville show. I didn't love the album when I first heard it, but it's grown on me.

zanjam

Quote from: Fully on Oct 09, 2012, 04:29 PM
I think I may go to the Nashville show. I didn't love the album when I first heard it, but it's grown on me.
Same.  Not going to Nashville but the album has grown on me, big time.  It's brilliant.  Took a few listens but now it's in steady rotation.
anything + reverb always = better

Fully

Quote from: zanjam on Oct 09, 2012, 06:08 PM
Quote from: Fully on Oct 09, 2012, 04:29 PM
Same.  Not going to Nashville but the album has grown on me, big time.  It's brilliant.  Took a few listens but now it's in steady rotation.
Well, of for some reason you did find yourself in Nashville, you would have someone to go to the show with :)

MrWhippy

Saw Diamond Rugs at Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin tonight.  It was really great.  In many ways probably my favorite McCauley experience I've ever had, though I'm not sure I've every seen a Deer Tick on a great night. 

Diamond Rugs had a fairly small crowd all in all, but they were up against Girl Talk  :rolleyes:

The show had great energy and the songs sounded great live.  They closed with Call Girl Blues, which was awesome, and McCauley smashed his guitar.

I'm not a picture taker, but here's the one shitty cell phone picture I took.

Fully

I can't tell you how many times this year I've seen a band that played at the same time Girl Talk did. Glad you got to see DR and it was great. I ended up not making it to see them last week due to some daughter drama. With three girls btwn 12 and 14, this is a regular thing.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Nov 04, 2012, 05:09 AM
I can't tell you how many times this year I've seen a band that played at the same time Girl Talk did. Glad you got to see DR and it was great. I ended up not making it to see them last week due to some daughter drama. With three girls btwn 12 and 14, this is a regular thing.

Yes, at this point I think festivals have to pay Girl Talk to have him not play at them.

Sorry you missed DR, Fully, but hopefully you will get another chance sometime to see them.

wolof7

Here's a nice, fun short tour doc posted on their facebook page today. I really love this band, still one of my top albums of the year.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/11/exclusive-premiere-diamond-rugs-uncovered
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Penny Lane

i'm bummed i missed each gig on their short tour...hoping for more gigs.

terrific album...one of my favorites of the year
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MrWhippy

oistheone

Man, this new album is great! Just what I was hoping for from these guys. "Live and Shout It" gives me such a Full Moon Fever/Wilbury's vibe, I love it.

And so glad they're finally doing an actual tour -- or rather, coming within driving distance of me. Should be a great night, can't wait!

Angelo

After a couple of cursory listens at work I am even more excited for the new album.

Penny Lane

I like the one song I've heard so far---anxious to hear opinions on this!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

joey_rogo

I really like this record.

oistheone

Just saw these guys last night and the show was exactly what I needed -- LOUD AND RECKLESS! The new songs sound great, the guys cracked some great jokes, and it was just so refreshing to see a bunch of friends on stage with no trickery, just bashing out awesome tunes and having a great time. Really makes me appreciate both their albums even more after seeing them live. Hope these guys continue to pop out sweet records!