King Crimson

Started by woodnymph, Dec 05, 2011, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

MMJ_fanatic

These guys have always blown my mind--such great musicianship buoyed by the mystical tones of Greg Lake's otherworldly pipes=pure bliss.  In fact they are rivaled only by Yes in my book for top spot in art rock (I can't stand the term "prog"). :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

el_chode

Court of the Crimson King was one of my first Vinyl Purchases. It's just one of those things you know was made to crackle and pop.
I'm surrounded by assholes

EasyRyder

Quote from: el_chode on Dec 08, 2011, 10:44 PM
Court of the Crimson King was one of my first Vinyl Purchases. It's just one of those things you know was made to crackle and pop.

CCK was one of my first purchases ever as well back when i was a younger young one...the fuzzy vocals and general epic creepiness of "21st century schizoid man" definitely changed my world in several ways on that first listen.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

JaneCool

Love King Crimson. Big time prog rocker here, although I suspect I'm the exception not the norm on these boards - this here's my favorite KC album, title song, headphones recommended...

King Crimson - Red
So, I do believe.....

JaneCool

And just because I'm so psyched to see other Crimson fans here, Starless...

King Crimson - Starless

So is there a Gabriel-era Genesis thread on here anywhere?  ;)
So, I do believe.....

MMPJ6306

So I don't consider myself a prog fan but recently I've been really digging 'In the Court' and 'Red' (from Tom Scharpling's suggestion) and it seems like there's a lot of different King Crimsons out there.

This thread hasn't seen any action in a while but I was wondering if you guys had suggestions on where to go next!
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

Come Closer

dogstar

Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Sep 01, 2015, 07:42 PM
So I don't consider myself a prog fan but recently I've been really digging 'In the Court' and 'Red' (from Tom Scharpling's suggestion) and it seems like there's a lot of different King Crimsons out there.

This thread hasn't seen any action in a while but I was wondering if you guys had suggestions on where to go next!

Well I'm going to my first live show in just over a weeks time.  Been waiting nearly thirty years to see them.