WELCOME HOME!

Started by darkglow, Dec 06, 2011, 02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

this song deserved it's own thread..

wowzers

robb

just listened to it on a smoke break at work and o_O.

this new take on wonderful is, well...wonderful as well.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

bluesky

:'(   made me tear up, glad i didn't listen on the subway first

e_wind

before listening, I thought it might be about Patricks new baby. its not, but year its awesome.

between this new EP, Xmas Fiasco, and She and Him xmas album, I'll be actually listening to xmas music this season
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EasyRyder

"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 10:53 AM
before listening, I thought it might be about Patricks new baby. its not, but year its awesome.

between this new EP, Xmas Fiasco, and She and Him xmas album, I'll be actually listening to xmas music this season
Funny, I was burning a CD with A Very She & Him Christmas and MMJ Does Xmas Fiasco Style at the very moment the Roll Call email about the new holiday EP came in.  Can't fit all three on one disc, though.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rusty95

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 06, 2011, 12:56 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 10:53 AM

Funny, I was burning a CD with A Very She & Him Christmas and MMJ Does Xmas Fiasco Style at the very moment the Roll Call email about the new holiday EP came in.  Can't fit all three on one disc, though.

Disc?

It's either vinyl or digital from here on out,  dispose of those disc's immediately! I don't trust em'.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

Ghosts_on_TV

Welcome home is great. I keep thinking The Dark is going to start Everytime the new Wonderful starts.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

Bo's piano work on wonderful is killing me.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 06, 2011, 06:32 PM

Bo is going to a new level lately.   I didn't even know there was a new level.   Only listened to the ep once but i think I'm gonna like it..... :o
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EasyRyder

"all the colors on the leaves, all the love that comes to me, all the twinkling lights are sayin' - 'Welcome Home'....and as the snow glazed all the trees i let my thoughts float on with the breeze. The air rushed in my lungs, said to me (do it?) - 'Welcome Home'"

i love the lyrics, the lyrics love me

sweatboard

yep, I agree.   :-*
There's Still Time.........

EasyRyder

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Dec 06, 2011, 10:16 PM

Bo is going to a new level lately.   I didn't even know there was a new level.   Only listened to the ep once but i think I'm gonna like it..... :o

Agreed and agreed! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: EasyRyder on Dec 06, 2011, 11:55 PM
"all the colors on the leaves, all the love that comes to me, all the twinkling lights are sayin' - 'Welcome Home'....and as the snow glazed all the trees i let my thoughts float on with the breeze. The air rushed in my lungs, said to me (do it?) - 'Welcome Home'"

i love the lyrics, the lyrics love me

Yes, can someone help a poor Swede with the lyrics? :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

MSchroeder

Love the recycled "snow glazed all the trees" lyric from "One In The Same.". Beautiful song.

ericm

MORE BO!!!
"Where's Jim going?"

EasyRyder

Quote from: MSchroeder on Dec 07, 2011, 12:39 PM
Love the recycled "snow glazed all the trees" lyric from "One In The Same.". Beautiful song.

had the same thought! this tune almost seems like a resolution of the feelings in "One In The Same."

Especially how OITS starts with "On the way back home..." coolness.

(One In The Same > Untitled (from Does Xmas Fiasco Style > Welcome Home.....is perfect   :o)

lil sis

This song is so beautiful.  In love with my first listen.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

darkglow

Quote from: EasyRyder on Dec 07, 2011, 12:49 PM
Quote from: MSchroeder on Dec 07, 2011, 12:39 PM
(One In The Same > Untitled (from Does Xmas Fiasco Style > Welcome Home.....is perfect   :o)
My Morning Jacket - "One In The Same" 10/21/10 Terminal 5
My Morning Jacket - [Untitled]

+"welcome home"