Main Menu

Lambchop

Started by Fully, Dec 06, 2011, 03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Any fans of Lambchop out there? Kurt Warner has such a distinctive voice. It's amazing that there is such little recognition of him in Nashville. He and his band are so much better than the normal drivel that Nashville gives the world. Of course that's why Nashville doesn't pay this band any respect: they are good.
lambchop - is a woman

Lambchop "Up With The People"

Give me your love (Love song) - Lambchop

Lambchop - Chelsea Hotel #2

#80 Lambchop - You're a big girl now

Fully

bluesky

Quote from: Fully on Dec 06, 2011, 03:35 AM
Any fans of Lambchop out there? Kurt Warner has such a distinctive voice. It's amazing that there is such little recognition of him in Nashville. He and his band are so much better than the normal drivel that Nashville gives the world. Of course that's why Nashville doesn't pay this band any respect: they are good.
lambchop - is a woman

Lambchop "Up With The People"

Give me your love (Love song) - Lambchop

Lambchop - Chelsea Hotel #2

#80 Lambchop - You're a big girl now

thanks Fully! I'm not that familiar, but saw Kurt play duet with Jim a few summers back at a Blind Boys of Alabama show here in NYC. (Fiddle was there too) It was truly amazing! Best man on man duet ever!!!! But I have no idea what the song was...

Tracy 2112

There is a lot of great music in Nashville that doesn't get props and a lot of great bands record here. Lambchop isn't country music. I don't know if you missed the newsflash, but country music is king in Nashville.  ;)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 06, 2011, 08:27 AM

There is a lot of great music in Nashville that doesn't get props and a lot of great bands record here. Lambchop isn't country music. I don't know if you missed the newsflash, but country music is king in Nashville.  ;)

Oh, I know. But I don't consider the drivel that Nashville puts out as country music. It's pop music. Real country is Waylon Jennings, my dad's old poker buddy George Jones, and anything by the Carter family. I don't consider someone who wears a cowboy hat and boots and has just a little twang in their pop song that talks about their truck, their dog, and their sexy tractor to really be country music. Give me some Flatt and Scruggs any day of the week over all of that. Keep in mind that we've got a pretty mediocre pop group from here, Paramour, and a mediocre pop rock act, Kings of Leon from Middle Tennessee too. Thankfully, Jack White calls Nashville home now. So there's something to be proud of even if he's not a local boy. And don't forget all of the down on their luck former stars of the eighties and nineties who show up in Nashville for awhile to try to restart their career as a "country" artist.

But back to Lambchop, have you heard the traditional country album he put out with Courtney Tidwell under the name Kort?  It's pretty good.

Kurt Wagner & Cortney Tidwell present KORT - Picking Wild Mountain Berries (Official Video)

Lambchop's new album, Mr. M, is out February 20, 2012.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Fully on Dec 06, 2011, 09:17 AM

Oh, I know. But I don't consider the drivel that Nashville puts out as country music. It's pop music. Real country is Waylon Jennings, my dad's old poker buddy George Jones, and anything by the Carter family. I don't consider someone who wears a cowboy hat and boots and has just a little twang in their pop song that talks about their truck, their dog, and their sexy tractor to really be country music. Give me some Flatt and Scruggs any day of the week over all of that. Keep in mind that we've got a pretty mediocre pop group from here, Paramour, and a mediocre pop rock act, Kings of Leon from Middle Tennessee too. Thankfully, Jack White calls Nashville home now. So there's something to be proud of even if he's not a local boy. And don't forget all of the down on their luck former stars of the eighties and nineties who show up in Nashville for awhile to try to restart their career as a "country" artist.

But back to Lambchop, have you heard the traditional country album he put out with Courtney Tidwell under the name Kort?  It's pretty good.

Kurt Wagner & Cortney Tidwell present KORT - Picking Wild Mountain Berries (Official Video)

I have probably heard all Lambchop's stuff and I like it all; he's all over the map.

And there's more going on in Nashville than the medicore bands you mentioned. JEFF the brotherhood, The Pink Spiders, The Features--- just off the top of my head.

Look around.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crispy

Thanks Fully for cluing me in to KORT, that is some great stuff!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e_wind

i thought this was going to be of the puppet... guess im a little younger than most on here 
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

YouAre_GivenToFly

At first I thought this thread was about this...

...then I read the first couple sentences and thought it was about this...

Now I don't know what to think.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Well now you've brought my attention to this thread, Dan!  Givin' 'em a listen nowwww

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 06, 2011, 10:11 AM
Quote from: Fully on Dec 06, 2011, 09:17 AM

I have probably heard all Lambchop's stuff and I like it all; he's all over the map.

And there's more going on in Nashville than the medicore bands you mentioned. JEFF the brotherhood, The Pink Spiders, The Features--- just off the top of my head.

Look around.

I hope I haven't come off as sounding too snippy. I'm fighting an inner ear infection and it is making me feel slightly insane in the membrane ::) (stupid joke) Yeah, I really like Jeff The Brotherhood. I saw them at Soundland this year and really enjoyed them. The Features are great too. I can't say that I've ever listened to The Pink Spiders, but I've heard of them. There is definitely more going on in Nashville than country music. But sometimes it seems like that's all anyone ever hears about.

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 10:52 AM
i thought this was going to be of the puppet... guess im a little younger than most on here

This one's for you e_wind ;)

Lamb Chop's Play Along - Lonely Lamb Chop

woodnymph

Quote from: Fully on Dec 06, 2011, 11:44 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 10:52 AM

This one's for you e_wind ;)

Lamb Chop's Play Along - Lonely Lamb Chop

Aww yayyy!!  ;D

Fully

Lambchop has a new album coming out on 2/21. Here's a video from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMFi2OaXiI8

Tired Eyes

I agree that Lambchop is a fine band.  I saw them at Town Hall in 2000.  They opened for Yo La Tengo.  I just read an article about their upcoming album in the current issue of MOJO (Leonard Cohen cover).
They're not from Nashville exactly (Murfreesboro), but I highly recommend checking out a band called Glossary.  They are superb.

Fully

Thanks for the recommendation Bill. If I see them around, I will definitely check them out.

Fully

I've been listening to Mr. M today. Absolutely beautiful album. I'm in heaven.

Fully