John Prine talks about Jim

Started by BonusSandwich, Dec 04, 2011, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonusSandwich

Pretty cool...

QuoteYou recently worked with Jim James of My Morning Jacket. What do you think about this generation's folk singers?

The natural way that they want to know about all kinds of good stuff that came before them. Most of them are all completely learned. They've just immersed themselves and applied it in a lot of cases. My Morning Jacket, for instance, I hear the Byrds, I hear old folk recordings, I hear Hendrix [laughs]. I went and saw those guys live, they totally blew me away. They really kill it.

Jimmy, he's been nothing but really nice. He's a big fan and he wanted to do stuff with me. We did Letterman this year. That was his idea. I hope they all stay like they are.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/11/28/john-prine-singing-mailman-delivers/

headhunter

Very nice thanks.  I saw jim play with prine at the newport folk gest in 2010 and it was hard to tell whether jim was more psyched to be playing with prine or that jp was excited to have jim on stage with him.

They should collaberate more.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

EasyRyder

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 04, 2011, 08:21 PM
They should collaberate more.

Agreed! I couldn't try to guess how many times I've listened to "All The Best," they're like peanut butter and puddin' together.

I wonder about the degree of purposefulness in his comment "I hope they all stay like they are" though  ???

Cool to see Prine showering some thanks- thanks BonusSandwich!   
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

SaraBananaBear

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

woodnymph

Aw I like that too!  :)   :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Sassbox

Thanks for sharing! Prine's long been a favorite of mine, so it's nice to see his praise. :)
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.