Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

So this 7" was the gift?  ???

I'm beginning to think the rumored T5 set will never see the light of day

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: mjk73 on Dec 13, 2011, 09:13 PM
So this 7" was the gift?  ???

I'm beginning to think the rumored T5 set will never see the light of day

The gift was a free dl of friends again. The alternate outta my system isn't part of it.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

robb

I'm a little disappointed that this was billed as "fan club exclusive"
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

zanjam

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 13, 2011, 06:53 PM
Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 13, 2011, 06:42 PM
ha, I always wondered why people like Tracy and Dylan DIDN'T join the fanclub.  Enlighten me please.  :-*

I always found fan clubs to be a little self congratulatory. Plus, I don't believe people without means should be excluded from a rock bands "club". Seems like the sort of thing rock music used to frown upon.

Ok, so I'm in the fan club but I hear you!  I'm a huge Who fan, and there was some thing a few years ago that only those in the fan club could participate in.  So I went to check out the fan club...and it was $150 TO JOIN !!!  (I did not.)  However, $30 in today's musical economy did not scare me and although I haven't actually gotten much of anything from being in the fan club, I still think it's worth it.  So far I got a toxic smelling poster (feh) and t-shirt (which I will never wear...thanks for thinking about us ladies who DON'T wear men's t-shirts), a card that is a joke (but I carry it proudly in my wallet), a certificate (I mean, really?), access to tickets early (every show that I would ever see within a 500 mile radius is GA, unless they play Shoreline soon, which ain't happening) and some emails that keep me in the loop (nothing I don't know already from the forum).  SO...I can't explain why it's worth it...the only thing I can come up with is that I am now a card-carrying member and for some reason that makes me happy.  I am such a loser.

All that said, I am not a vinyl person so the DL made me happy.  And people..if you think you are getting some sicko fan club T5 DL you are just too starry-eyed!  Yes, it would be insane and incentive for those who are not members to join.  But the very essence of a fan club is to throw a few small bones...period!  You will never be as stoked as you hope you will be.  It's just not in the fan club nature.  Artist Arena just ain't that cool.

Bah humbug!  Happy holidays!!   :)

anything + reverb always = better

zanjam

Quote from: vespachick on Dec 13, 2011, 06:56 PM

I'm not sorry I joined because every time I open my wallet I see my little club card in the spot that used to hold my credit card.

Hilarious, based on my last post!

ericm

@ zanjam - One of the perks you're missing is the cheaper ticket fees. They're about 1/2 of what Ticketbastard is. If you bought 4 tix this year, the savings  paid for the membership.

I know you mentioned the ga shows, but if you do get a seated venue, there are quite a few here who got totally hooked up with great seats,including me. Pulled a pair of front row pits for Philly this summer. That alone was worth the membership to me.
"Where's Jim going?"

zanjam

Quote from: ericm on Dec 13, 2011, 10:13 PM
@ zanjam - One of the perks you're missing is the cheaper ticket fees. They're about 1/2 of what Ticketbastard is. If you bought 4 tix this year, the savings  paid for the membership.

I know you mentioned the ga shows, but if you do get a seated venue, there are quite a few here who got totally hooked up with great seats,including me. Pulled a pair of front row pits for Philly this summer. That alone was worth the membership to me.

Right...and would be to me as well.  I just don't reap that GA benefit...but still not complaining that I got the membership!  It's just not all that.  But you know...I did get my Bill Graham Civic tix thru the fan club and had to go to Will Call!  To me it would be a wash, paying the ticket fees and printing at home...as opposed to lesser ticket fee and waiting at Will Call.  My point is...I got practically nothing from this fan club but am still psyched I am in it.  Not complaining, just sayin'!

johnnYYac

Quote from: ralph on Dec 13, 2011, 07:12 PM
I for one will say thanks Roll Call! Not every Roll Caller lives in the U.S. you know.

This is actually quite handy for those of us who dont have easy access to purchase the 7".

Just saying...
Y'know, Ralphster, that there gives me enough to say that was a great Roll Call gift.  Do you have a turntable?  I may have another.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

sweatboard

Panda Bears have to decide which one of their cubs they will nurse because the world won't allow but one of them to live

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

CHIMMJFAN

The way I look at it, I didn't have "Friends Again" so it's a gift! Roll Call is awesome for the opportunity for tickets to shows and I'm really hoping the Hypnosis Series will be more prevalent in 2012.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

searchinbig

I like the way the poster smells.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Jon T.

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 14, 2011, 12:10 AM
Panda Bears have to decide which one of their cubs they will nurse because the world won't allow but one of them to live

this really doesn't have shit to do with shit, but it's cute so why not?   Teach Me How To Panda (Full)

iLikeBeer

The main reason I joined Roll Call was for the opportunity to buy tix before the general public.  I scored some pretty good seats to the album release show in Louisville and I also scored sweet pit tix in a very small pit at the Detroit show.  Those two purchases alone made my Roll Call membership worth the purchase price.  The added gifts are just gravy as far as I'm concerned...

ralph

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 13, 2011, 10:42 PM
Quote from: ralph on Dec 13, 2011, 07:12 PM
I for one will say thanks Roll Call! Not every Roll Caller lives in the U.S. you know.

This is actually quite handy for those of us who dont have easy access to purchase the 7".

Just saying...
Y'know, Ralphster, that there gives me enough to say that was a great Roll Call gift.  Do you have a turntable?  I may have another.

Thanks for the offer johnny but it looks like I got my local record store here in Melbourne on to it in time and a few copies will make their way down here. God bless the local record store hey?!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.