Roll Callers Gift!

Started by e_wind, Dec 06, 2011, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

This band paid for itself and the hundreds of dollars I've spent on them long ago.....I remember buying the AcousticCitsuoca album and playing it over, and over, and over again.  I kept thinking I just paid like $5 bucks for this, money now means so much less to me because there is NOTHING I could have paid 1million dollars for that would have been as good as this!!!  It was a moment of epiphany.  I couldn't believe it.  I'm just concerned about the direction things are taking.  Having said all of that "Friends Again" is beautiful, great recording, great riff, and Jim vocals soften my heart, as usual. 
There's Still Time.........

Tracy 2112

someone please pm me the Friends Again single so I don't have to purchase it or join the fan club.

thanks
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

sweatboard

ha, I always wondered why people like Tracy and Dylan DIDN'T join the fanclub.  Enlighten me please.  :-*

Tracy 2112

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 13, 2011, 06:42 PM
ha, I always wondered why people like Tracy and Dylan DIDN'T join the fanclub.  Enlighten me please.  :-*

I always found fan clubs to be a little self congratulatory. Plus, I don't believe people without means should be excluded from a rock bands "club". Seems like the sort of thing rock music used to frown upon.

vespachick

My wav file doesn't even work.  Not in iTunes or any other crappy player I have here at work.  I had to switch out of Chrome to even dl it.  Lame. 

I'm not sorry I joined because every time I open my wallet I see my little club card in the spot that used to hold my credit card.

I would have rathered they didn't bother with this gift.  It feels pretty "re-gifted" to moi.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 13, 2011, 06:53 PM

I always found fan clubs to be a little self congratulatory. Plus, I don't believe people without means should be excluded from a rock bands "club". Seems like the sort of thing rock music used to frown upon.

I can see what you're saying about the fan club, but I don't think any rock band ever frowned upon buying their music. I know the above post is in reference to the fan club, but the one before that you stated you didn't want to buy it. Why not?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

So there used to be a time when you could be in a "fanclub" and didn't have to pay money for it?  Tell me papa, tell me all about it.......

I think of the 30bucks as a way of excluding douche bags that will sign up for anything that's free.  It's not like they can test our blood to see who gets the best seats.  I'd rather pay for the fanclub than for a piece of fruit.   ;) 

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 13, 2011, 07:00 PM

I can see what you're saying about the fan club, but I don't think any rock band ever frowned upon buying their music. I know the above post is in reference to the fan club, but the one before that you stated you didn't want to buy it. Why not?

I have been the squeaky wheel here opposed to all "illegal" downloads (especially pre release) and have just decided to say fuck it and go with the flow. Send me all the free music you want.

ericm

Quote from: vespachick on Dec 13, 2011, 06:56 PM

I would have rathered they didn't bother with this gift.  It feels pretty "re-gifted" to moi.

Well put. I'm not sorry I joined either,and won't hesitate to re-up, but I feel the same way as you about this.
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

I agree with the overall sentiment here.  That said, the ONLY reason I bought roll call was to get great seats to the shows, and so far it's paid off....no regrets.  (other than the piss-poor customer service from AA). 

ralph

I for one will say thanks Roll Call! Not every Roll Caller lives in the U.S. you know.

This is actually quite handy for those of us who dont have easy access to purchase the 7".

Just saying...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

sweatboard

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 13, 2011, 07:03 PM

I have been the squeaky wheel here opposed to all "illegal" downloads (especially pre release) and have just decided to say fuck it and go with the flow. Send me all the free music you want.

Music and Fruit are in this world.....who's fault is it we have to pay for it?  We have a rough time raising money to make lives better, Pujols just got paid 250mil not to be a cardinal.  The tidal wave that is mmj is not being done justice by RollCall. 

sweatboard

http://www.archive.org/download/http://www.archive.org/details/MMJ2011-12-12   ;)

Ghosts_on_TV

I wouldn't say I have a problem with illegal downloads. I do it, I also spend about 2 grand on music a year. Hell, id send it to you myself if I had it downloaded. Let me rephrase....why don't you want it? The actual, physical 45, I mean.

sweatboard

Ok, you just made me feel much better, I spend about 700 a year on music.  What makes me feel better is that I'm able to download stuff for free to decide what I want to spend my money on.  I would have never bought Thee Oh Sees, or Wooden Shijps, I don't even think I would know who A.A. Bondy was if not for this free music venue that has opened up.  Of course with the cost of living in NYC we are probably just about on the same page. 

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 13, 2011, 07:23 PM

I wouldn't say I have a problem with illegal downloads. I do it, I also spend about 2 grand on music a year. Hell, id send it to you myself if I had it downloaded. Let me rephrase....why don't you want it? The actual, physical 45, I mean.

Probably b/c they haven't released anything since Z that really moves me.   :-\

sweatboard

OH SNAP!!!

NOTHING off the new record?  Let's get it all out......

sweatboard

On another note.  The end of this song flat KILLS....On Carl!!!!!  On Tommy!!!  On Pattrick!!! On Bo and On Jim!!!!  all is right in the world.   :-* 

that perfect feeling inside

Let's BE friends again...

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 13, 2011, 07:29 PM
Ok, you just made me feel much better, I spend about 700 a year on music.  What makes me feel better is that I'm able to download stuff for free to decide what I want to spend my money on.  I would have never bought Thee Oh Sees, or Wooden Shijps, I don't even think I would know who A.A. Bondy was if not for this free music venue that has opened up.  Of course with the cost of living in NYC we are probably just about on the same page.

I don't live in nyc, I live in PA. It's actually extremely cheap to live where I live.

sweatboard

Oh yeah, I always think you live in NYC for some reason.  Much cheeper than nyc I'm sure, I used to live in State College. 

I'm not counting concerts and travel either.  :)