Found a Store Doing "Friends Again" 7"!!!

Started by stuckinutero, Dec 06, 2011, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

Quote from: vespachick on Dec 07, 2011, 02:22 PM
Oh man, I just can't pull the plug on that kind of shipping.  It sticks in my craw.  And I don't even know what a "craw" is.

$5.99 for 2-5 Weeks?  Are you effing serious.  No thanks.

(My fave local is not carrying it   :'()

And 3 bucks to pick it up in the store! I don't get that  :-\ but I've ordered it anyway!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Bob Loblaw

Great find!  Just picked one up.  Thanks for the heads up!

Hawkeye

Thanks!  Not a fan of the shipping, but ordered 2 anyway.  Now to decide who gets the other one...
We could.

johnnYYac

I used to work for a record store in Concord, NH.  They said they couldn't get it, but the owner called today... My wife works in Concord and handed me this 5 minutes ago...

mp3 download card included

EDIT: download code not active, perhaps 'cause this is supposed to be officially released next week (Tuesday?)  ???
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

yes the eagle has landed!!!  santa comes early this year.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

youreveningcoat

Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

buymycar

Awesome to hear that we're going to get the convenience of the digital format.

This is available on Vintage Vinyl's website now:

http://www.vvinyl.com/v/my-morning-jacket-friends-again/2080

They charge a flat $5.99 shipping rate, too.

johnnYYac

Friends Again is a live recording from... T5?  Sounds pretty #$%#%# good!  I was kinda hoping to hear a studio version, figured they would have tried it during the Circuital sessions, but alas...

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 09, 2011, 06:26 PM
yes the eagle has landed!!!  santa comes early this year.

Show off!  ;)

johnnYYac

;D  ;D Outta My System (Alternate Universe Take)  ;D  ;D

Its a cover by Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem Band! 

Not sure if that's Jim on lead vocals.  Probably.

Fun.

Yep, its Jim.

e_wind

Is it different lyrics? I'm so jealous that I can't hear these until next sunday
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 09, 2011, 08:26 PM
Is it different lyrics? I'm so jealous that I can't hear these until next sunday
Pretty much the same lyrics.  Kinda reminds me of this classic

Klaatu- Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Brother Beck

Where are you hearing that "Friends Again" is a live recording from T5?  I haven't seen that anywhere yet...  Have you already heard it???

e_wind

Brother Beck

My bad.  I understand now.  I was reading the thread backwards up from the bottom and got disoriented and didn't realize johnnYYac had it in hand.  My apologies.  Rookie mistake. 

Im The Dude

Wow...I can not wait to put that on my TT. Looks really cool. What does the back of the sleeve look like?

big thanks to headhunter BTW :beer:
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

e_wind

Today I found out that a local store will be selling them Monday (Better Days for louisvillians) if anyone is still looking I can pick one up

Dillsnufus

vinylrip? can't wait for mine to come but i'll prob be in ny already when it comes :-\
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Hawkeye

Should have waited to snag one with the $5.99 shipping (rather than $20 shipping) but oh well...this will sound excellent in the Wurlitzer, its new permanent home.  Probably gotta try it on the new Rega TT too though.  I feel spoiled.
We could.

e_wind

2 things... if anyone opted out of the ridiculous shipping charges, I will be able to pick some up on sunday or monday. anyone need one, just PM me. looks like regardless of what happens i'll have 3 copies. oops  ::)

second, is this the first song that has been officially released live only? I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head...