Friends Again / Outta My System (alternative universe take)

Started by headhunter, Dec 11, 2011, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

is awesome and so worth the money.  the b side alternative universe take is one of the many things i love about this band.  priceless.

and friends again live, well, would be nice to hear that on wednesday at msg
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Im The Dude

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

TSarge

Anyone know of a shop in Manhattan/Brooklyn that has it?

johnnYYac

When all is said and done, I should have 4 copies of the 7" - one for me, one for mahg33tah, the other two unspoken for.  I need to calculate what the average cost of these is, as they're coming from 2 different sources and 2 were shipped (not to mention the one headhunter was getting for me... thanks again, Jeff!!!).  Looks like $12.50 each.  So, PM me if interested and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: one left, PM me. Spoken for.  Thanks for all your inquiries.  Don't forget two choices for ordering online.  Not sure if they're sold out, but here are the two posts regarding online availability.

Quote from: stuckinutero on Dec 06, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for a while and figured I would let you know that I found a store doing pre-orders for the "Friends Again" 7".
Every place I went to in NYC either said that they were doing first come/first or that they weren't getting it.

I found another place outside of the city that is doing pre-orders via their webpage. I just finished buying a few copies for myself. I'm so stoked.

http://looneytunescds.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/my-morning-jacket-holiday-friends-again-holiday-7inch/

Happy Holidays  :D

Quote from: buymycar on Dec 09, 2011, 06:51 PM
Awesome to hear that we're going to get the convenience of the digital format.

This is available on Vintage Vinyl's website now:

http://www.vvinyl.com/v/my-morning-jacket-friends-again/2080

They charge a flat $5.99 shipping rate, too.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Waddy Peytona

Anybody else having trouble with their download code? I get a message saying it's not in the system. I bought two copies and neither code works. Very disappointing, to say the least, since I don't have a turntable.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Waddy Peytona on Dec 12, 2011, 04:36 PM
Anybody else having trouble with their download code? I get a message saying it's not in the system. I bought two copies and neither code works. Very disappointing, to say the least, since I don't have a turntable.
I had trouble but was putting them in on Friday and assumed it was too soon, ahead of the "official" release date, which is tomorrow (?).  There was a way to notify ATO of problems with download codes.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Waddy Peytona

I did fill out the online form to report a problem. Hopefully the code works tomorrow, though. I guess I should look at this as heightened anticipation.

JerseyDan

picked up 2 copies today from AKA Records in Philly, the 2nd copy is for a buddy but I suggest just getting to AKA asap. I have 2 other shops who may have copies and i can see if i can grab more. dude at AKA is my boy but i didn't want to clean him out plus $9.99 felt a big pricey...not pricey enough to say no, but pricey enough not to buy more than i needed on 1st sight.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: JerseyDan on Dec 12, 2011, 11:47 PM
picked up 2 copies today from AKA Records in Philly, the 2nd copy is for a buddy but I suggest just getting to AKA asap. I have 2 other shops who may have copies and i can see if i can grab more. dude at AKA is my boy but i didn't want to clean him out plus $9.99 felt a big pricey...not pricey enough to say no, but pricey enough not to buy more than i needed on 1st sight.

Sssssshhhit. Was planning on stopping by aka on my way home today. I'm not surprised by the price, as their RSD releases are usually a bit on the high side, too. I don't mind spending a little extra there though... if they went away we'd be in trouble.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Dec 13, 2011, 06:46 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 13, 2011, 06:29 AM
At my new shop they were 6$

What's your new shop?  Underground sounds?

Better days. I went to the re opened one for the first time to pick it up. Well, my gf picked it up for me. I'm not a big fan of U.S. so I'll be claiming Better Days now.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

kotchishm

Hope they do a digital release of these two tunes too!
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Cameron

got mine here in austin at waterloo.  dl code not working for me either.

Cameron

BadManFromCA

I got a copy at Streetlight Records here in San Francisco, my download code doesn't work either.