Friends Again / Outta My System (alternative universe take)

Started by headhunter, Dec 11, 2011, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jpugdawg

ManNamedTruth

Picked mine up at The Exchange (Pittsburgh area chain store, not sure if there are stores in other states) for $7.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

CountSA

It sucks I went to 2 stores that were supposed to have it but then being told they weren't getting them.  Oh well.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I think friends again is my favorite song since the stuff off of Z.

darkglow

people having trouble with the download code.. could it be that the font makes the L look like a 1 like with the circuital digital download code? I ran into that problem

CountSA

Jon T.

Quote from: CountSA on Dec 14, 2011, 10:23 AM
Outta My System is not what I expected at all...

How cool what it have been to be in the room when they recorded that?  I though it was great and a lot of fun.  I told Mr. Yac it kind of sounds like a constipated Tony Clifton singing...  ;D

Nikkogino

Quote from: Jon T. on Dec 14, 2011, 10:28 AM
Quote from: CountSA on Dec 14, 2011, 10:23 AM
Outta My System is not what I expected at all...

How cool what it have been to be in the room when they recorded that?  I though it was great and a lot of fun.  I told Mr. Yac it kind of sounds like a constipated Tony Clifton singing...  ;D

Can someone explain what this version is like?  I ordered my copy but it is coming USPS so I probably won't get to hear it for a few more years.

Im The Dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqrlktYNCtA&list=UUlDN_Ds-EP0yq0c8L88lh8g&index=15&feature=plcp (ftp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqrlktYNCtA&list=UUlDN_Ds-EP0yq0c8L88lh8g&index=15&feature=plcp)

I wanted to repost this video from T5 of Friends Again.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Green_Eyes

Look, I love this band and everything they put out, but $9 for a single? I realize it's vinyl and limited edition and special, but that's crap.

Obviously I don't have to buy it, and I decided not to because I think it's a perfect example of a record company taking advantage of rabid MMJ fans and vinyl collectors.

Just curious if anyone agrees. Peace.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Green_Eyes on Dec 14, 2011, 04:57 PM
Look, I love this band and everything they put out, but $9 for a single? I realize it's vinyl and limited edition and special, but that's crap.

Obviously I don't have to buy it, and I decided not to because I think it's a perfect example of a record company taking advantage of rabid MMJ fans and vinyl collectors.

if you were a real fan you'd be a roll call member and would have gotten a wav file straight from the source for free.  get with the times n00b.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I wasn't thrilled with the price, but supporting the things I like to think of as important (quality music, local business, record stores) is sometimes costly.

And it absolutely taking advantage of fans (no negative connotation though) since it is a business, and plenty of people rely on that business to feed their families.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Fritz

$9 is just the markup price your local shop is selling it for. My guy is selling it for $7.50, which is totally on par with new 7" releases from well-known acts. Inflation's a bitch, but having a price-gouging shopkeep is even worse.

SaraBananaBear

Hahaha, gotta say Outta My System (alternative universe take) is amazing and crazy and amazingly crazy and crazily amazing! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket