Most anticipated albums of 2012?

Started by wolof7, Dec 13, 2011, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkW

Looking forward to a lot of the aboe.  Also, Frank Turner's got a release early next year...

On January 16, 2012, Turner will release 'Second Three Years', an album featuring live material as well as cover versions, b-sides and 'lost songs' from the past three years. It will include live versions of the traditional folk song 'Barbara Allen' and 'Father's Day' as well as cover versions of Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana and NOFX songs and BBC Radio 1 session tracks.

And a headlining show at Wembley Arena in London in April.

http://www.nme.com/news/billy-bragg--2/60904
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjk73

Interesting. I didn't know this was coming. I knew about the show as was trying to figure out how to make the planets align and how to rig the lottery so I could win so I could hit that. But I'll settle for my show at a little club that I'm guessing maybe 150 people will be at.

Lunchbox

justin townes earle,trampled by turtles and typical cats

Ghosts_on_TV

Andrew Bird has a new one coming out.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

wolof7

ELVIS PERKINS IN DEARLAND. I am pretty sure I heard they were completing their next album at the second half of this year.

Also any full length from DOM would be nice.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Murph

he.who.forgets

Delta Spirit, J Roddy, Pearl Jam

Dingo

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 16, 2011, 09:44 AM
FUTUREBIRDS!

Saw them last night.  They played a few new songs.  I forgot to ask them when a new album would be out after the show though...

APR

I didn't know Band of Horses has one coming out next year.  That's great.... I'll add them to my list.

Pearl Jam, Pinback, Delta Spirit, Yim Yames, B of H

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Murph

Quote from: APR on Dec 16, 2011, 09:15 PM
I didn't know Band of Horses has one coming out next year.  That's great.... I'll add them to my list.

Pearl Jam, Pinback, Delta Spirit, Yim Yames, B of H

When I saw them on their little mini tour after the KoL tour fell apart, Ben said that they had almost finished recording their next record, so one would have to assume it would be out sometime in 2012.

This is completely nothing but wishful thinking, but how about a new Phosphorescent record, please.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Quote from: Murph on Dec 20, 2011, 12:19 PM
This is completely nothing but wishful thinking, but how about a new Phosphorescent record, please.

Word to yr mother.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjk73

ChiefOKONO

My Morning Jacket  (maybe an EP??)

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

T5
Lucero
Diamond Rugs
Dr. Dog!!!!!!!!
Delta Spirit
Yim Yames
Pearl Jam

Someone said Band of Horses, if thats actually likely than that too.

If there are two things I would want more than anything in the world, more than even the Jacket, they would be Yim Yames and Monsters of Folk. I would easily give back Circuital for a Yim album. Also, IMO (going out on a limb here), I think MoF is the more flawless record of all time. Of. All. Time. It's without a doubt my most listened to, other than maybe Ten. And thats only because I've been listening to Ten for so many years.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Dingo

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 20, 2011, 02:05 PM
T5
Lucero
Diamond Rugs
Dr. Dog!!!!!!!!
Delta Spirit
Yim Yames
Pearl Jam

Someone said Band of Horses, if thats actually likely than that too.

If there are two things I would want more than anything in the world, more than even the Jacket, they would be Yim Yames and Monsters of Folk. I would easily give back Circuital for a Yim album. Also, IMO (going out on a limb here), I think MoF is the more flawless record of all time. Of. All. Time. It's without a doubt my most listened to, other than maybe Ten. And thats only because I've been listening to Ten for so many years.

Forgot about Diamond Rugs.  Looking forward to that as well.  Free download of "Christmas in a Chinese Restaurant"  at the link below.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/free-download-diamond-rugs-holiday-track-christmas-in-a-chinese-restaurant-20111220