Jim's autograph

Started by mmj37, Dec 04, 2006, 04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRoof

Anyone seen any Yim Yames signatures floating around?
You Are Everything

johnnYYac

QuoteGreat score JY.  $40 for a signed poster!  well done.... did you know that poster was done by a forum member!! ?
Do tell!

QuoteAnyone seen any Yim Yames signatures floating around?
eBay has had a Z poster with YY's autograph up for $50 for months.  Don't know if it ever sold.  He also signed a ton of guitars, which I think is a bit sleazy, that go for $150-$400 on eBay.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

QuoteGreat score JY.  $40 for a signed poster!  well done.... did you know that poster was done by a forum member!! ?
Do tell!

Our very own Angry Ewok !

johnnYYac

Do tell!

Our very own Angry Ewok !
Sweet!  Nice work, AE.  Is he "no longer with us"?  Here on the forum, I mean.

mahg33ta

I have not seen him here for some time.  

TheRoof

eBay has had a Z poster with YY's autograph up for $50 for months.  Don't know if it ever sold.  He also signed a ton of guitars, which I think is a bit sleazy, that go for $150-$400 on eBay.[/quote]

I saw that he signed the guitars and posters/lp's on ebay, but have there been his signature with the Y's rather than J's of his name?
You Are Everything

johnnYYac

eBay has had a Z poster with YY's autograph up for $50 for months.  Don't know if it ever sold.  He also signed a ton of guitars, which I think is a bit sleazy, that go for $150-$400 on eBay.

I saw that he signed the guitars and posters/lp's on ebay, but have there been his signature with the Y's rather than J's of his name?[/quote]

I've only seen this on his website, never on any posters, whatnot:

Penny Lane

even Yim's mugshot is hot.

Charged with the crime of breaking Penny's heart.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Not to beat a dead horse, but this recent eBay posting of a JJ autograph is a 34.  Most have said he signs 37 and that some of the 7s look like 4s, but this is clear. 

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

e_wind

that just doesnt even look real
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

the description of it on eBay says its signed by "Jimmy James"

smhoffmann02

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 08, 2006, 11:17 PM
Quotewhere did you folks get the autographs at?

When they aren't on tour Jim does autograph sessions at Ramada Inn's around the country.  You have to wait in line for like an hour and he won't personalize anything but it's still worth it. 

Ok, I'll bite.  Seriously?
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

e_wind

The Ramada in Paducah '07 was awesome. It was pretty close to Louisville and TN, so carl was also there. There were hardly any people there, and they played an impromptu accoustic version of What A Wonderful Man... I'll try to find the video I have it on my external harddrive somewhere...

Yes, the dates should be announced on YimYames.com towards the end of the current tour.

johnnYYac

It does seem like Jim (and to a lesser degree, the rest of the band) have signed a lot of stuff (guitar pic guards, photos, CDs, etc.) that seem only designed to make someone else money.  Likely, they're getting paid to do it, too.  I suppose its a form of advertising and it promotes their own work, for the most part.

I would take some posts with a grain of salt here, however.  ;)

And I will be quite excited if we ever see ANYTHING new on the yimyames.com site.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 22, 2011, 08:43 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but this recent eBay posting of a JJ autograph is a 34.  Most have said he signs 37 and that some of the 7s look like 4s, but this is clear. 

That's the only time i've seen it look that much like a 4, might be a fake. There's no doubt that in my roll call certificate and most Jim James' autographs that it is a 7. Sometimes he swoops the top line of the 7 with a curve and makes it kinda look like a 4. We need a handwriting expert here.  ;)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

vespachick

I'm no expert, but those are some saggy looking J's. They're usually much more rotund and perky.

Like so many other things. :embarassed:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

johnnYYac

He signed my Omnichord in person while it rested upon my knee.  Looks like a 34 here, too.

I wanna know how he got that first J under the strings!  ;D

smhoffmann02

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 22, 2011, 01:54 PM
The Ramada in Paducah '07 was awesome. It was pretty close to Louisville and TN, so carl was also there. There were hardly any people there, and they played an impromptu accoustic version of What A Wonderful Man... I'll try to find the video I have it on my external harddrive somewhere...

Yes, the dates should be announced on YimYames.com towards the end of the current tour.

God damn, I love these guys.  Real people through and through - they NEVER forget the fans.  Would be awesome if you could find the video.  Heading over to YimYames.com right now...  :dankk2:
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 22, 2011, 02:18 PM
It does seem like Jim (and to a lesser degree, the rest of the band) have signed a lot of stuff (guitar pic guards, photos, CDs, etc.) that seem only designed to make someone else money.  Likely, they're getting paid to do it, too.  I suppose its a form of advertising and it promotes their own work, for the most part.

I would take some posts with a grain of salt here, however.  ;)

And I will be quite excited if we ever see ANYTHING new on the yimyames.com site.