The Who Documentary DVD

Started by mahg33ta, Dec 31, 2011, 08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

FYI to anyone interested-

There's a pretty good Who documentary called "Amazing Journeys" that's $29.99 at Amazon  but on sale for $3.89 currently.

For the price of a rental it's a nice little item (2 DVDs) or a good gift.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Journey-Story-Roger-Daltrey/dp/B000VLOKQI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325338033&sr=8-3

Jaimoe

I've seen it. It is good. Not essential, but worth getting with the essential Kids Are Alright.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Jaimoe on Dec 31, 2011, 11:34 AM
I've seen it. It is good. Not essential, but worth getting with the essential Kids Are Alright.

You're a Who guy I know. So, in the original Kids Are Allright, they played A Quick One WHA on Rock n Roll Circus in it's entirety but I have seen re-releases where they cut parts of it out. Do you know if the latest versions have the entire song?

Thanks (if you know)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

mahg33ta

I agree with this completely.  Good not great, and nowhere near Kids Are Alright.   I actually like the 2nd disc just as much as the 1st.

I just think it's a good price and I know I'm often scrambling to find a cheap item to get to $25 for free shipping!

Jaimoe

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 31, 2011, 11:40 AM

You're a Who guy I know. So, in the original Kids Are Allright, they played A Quick One WHA on Rock n Roll Circus in it's entirety but I have seen re-releases where they cut parts of it out. Do you know if the latest versions have the entire song?

Thanks (if you know)

There are two versions. I think the Blu-ray is intact (I have the newest reissue, but not Blu).

rincon

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 31, 2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks (if you know)
I have had 3 or 4 copies of TKAAR. My last one was bought about 5 years ago, a double DVD with an intact version of A quick one, complete with intro by Keef. As for Amazing Journey, it was considered quite a disappointment by the hard core Who fans. Lots of retread material that has been availble elsewhere.