Main Menu

At the Drive-in

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, Jan 09, 2012, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

subinai

read this earlier and can't believe it. i am so mad at myself for missing them on the relationship of command tour.

ralph

They were awesome live, one of the most intense gigs I've seen. That and the first Mars Volta tour.

Not sure why they need to do this ($$$$) but I'm sure I'll be attending if the tour rolls its way down here...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

woodnymph

Oh my!!   :o  Wish I could've seen them on the R.O.C. tour too, subinai... used to love that album
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

I've never seen them or Mars Volta live, need to get on that! I need to dig into their back catalog too, I got Relationship of Command around the time it came out and then followed Mars Volta after they broke up and never got more into ATDI.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ghosts_on_TV

I passed up a chance to see them on the relationship tour, I always regretted that. I'm super pumped for this. I saw Mars Volta twice, and it was great, but they're no atdi. Met Omar once too, he was kind of weird.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ralph

The gig i saw was about 2 days after the show in the footage Ghosts posted above. In a club that held about 400, stinking hot as it was the middle of summer. From memory they pretty much played all of R.O.C plus napoleon solo and 198d. Every time the crowd started to get even a little 'moshy' Cedric would threaten to walk off stage...

The day of the footage above, they were playing the Big Day Out. As you can see the crowd was going nuts. They were meant to play for an hour but stormed of stage after 3 songs cause the crowd would stop moshing & crowd surfing. Cedric called them all sheep and walked off.

That night Limp Bizkit were headlining the main stage, there was a crowd surge and a girl was crushed to death at the front of the stage.

Two nights later Cedric came out on stage and asked us all for a minutes silence in respect for the girl. He also warned us that if there was any agression at all in the crowd they wouls stop the show. The band then launched into Arcasenal and you could see that all the crowd wanted to do was throw themselves around but knew we couldn't. The whole gig was so tense cause we were witnessing on onslaught on stage but couldn't respond in the way we were used to...

Was absolutely an amazing gig...

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ManNamedTruth

They're playing Coachella, hopefully there are more dates soon.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

buaawwww

Hmmm maybe I need to give these guys another shot?  I didn't really care for them initially.