Main Menu

First Aid Kit

Started by Dingo, Jan 17, 2012, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Anyone listened to these two girls yet?  New album produced by Mike Mogis of Bright Eyes and MOF with a guest spot by Conor Oberst and The Felice Brothers on one track.  Give it a listen if your interested.

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/15/144966888/first-listen-first-aid-kit-the-lions-roar

Ghosts_on_TV

Ive listened to their first one, and like it. They are also on Bright Eyes cover of The White Stripes "We're gonna be friends".
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Fully

I listened to it last night on spotify. I like it, but I need a few more listens before I'll be sure. It's nice and mellow. At least it must have been because I fell asleep before the whole album was over. ::)

BH

Don't have the album but I love what I've heard so far.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SaraBananaBear

Yes! Saw them perform at a signing yesterday, they're even better live, amazing voices. Go see them live if you get the chance!  :thumbsup: Favorite from last album:

Favorite cover (though the Fleet Foxes one is brilliant too ofc):

Favorite on the new album (changes from day to day):

:D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Ghosts_on_TV

The Lions Roar is fucking incredible.

EasyRyder

took me exactly two listens to fall for them. rolling stone said something in the recent issue (w/ David Bowie on the front I think) that the harmonies on Lion's Roar will probably be unbeatable this year.

I couldn't agree more....I've never fallen for what is technically a country/pop song so hard (Emmylou!!!). I'd love to catch 'em live, jealous Sara.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Ghosts_on_TV

Emmylou will probably be my #1 song of 2012.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 03, 2012, 10:21 PM
took me exactly two listens to fall for them. rolling stone said something in the recent issue (w/ David Bowie on the front I think) that the harmonies on Lion's Roar will probably be unbeatable this year.

I couldn't agree more....I've never fallen for what is technically a country/pop song so hard (Emmylou!!!). I'd love to catch 'em live, jealous Sara.

They started their tour just the other day, not sure where you live, but hopefully somewhere near a tour stop so you can go see them :) Tour plans here

Love Emmylou and The Lion's Roar, but In the Hearts of Men is slowly becoming my new current favorite I think... So beautiful!  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket