I need some technical help

Started by Fully, Jan 18, 2012, 08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

I've have a friend who is a Luddite. He is a huge Van Morrison freak and he has collected more Van bootlegs than I'll ever listen to. He doesn't have a computer nor an ipod. I told him about a site that had some VM bootlegs on it and he wanted me to download them and burn them for him. No problem. My question is that if he doesn't have any way of playing mp3's what type of file do I need to convert these mp3's to so that they will play on a cd player. (he doesn't have a modern cd player that will play mp3's either) Anyone who has a clue what I should do, I will be most appreciative.

headhunter

Beth,
I'm a huge Van fan and would love to know about the site.  i've seen him more than I've seen mmj and have a bunch of live boots.

I often download mp3  live stuff ( LOVE the Steam Engine ) and then it is a very easy burn to cd which will then play on any cd player.

Thanks.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Fully

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 18, 2012, 08:10 PM
Beth,
I'm a huge Van fan and would love to know about the site.  i've seen him more than I've seen mmj and have a bunch of live boots.

I often download mp3  live stuff ( LOVE the Steam Engine ) and then it is a very easy burn to cd which will then play on any cd player.

Thanks.

I'll have to check my computer at work tomorrow. It's in an email I sent him. I'm going to check with him and see if I can upload some of the shows he has collected over the years. He used to be on a Van listserv back in those days and he has amassed a huge collection. I think the shows that he wants me to get for him are new ones. He got me turned on to trading tape years ago, but he never made the jump to modern computing.  Thanks for the imput and I'll let you know the site I sent him to tomorrow. (Now that you mention it, I do remember us discussing you Van fandom when we met back in December.)

Here's the link:
http://www.themidnightcafe.org/?cat=131

headhunter

Thanks alot, I'll check it out.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jane

Quote from: Fully on Jan 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
My question is that if he doesn't have any way of playing mp3's what type of file do I need to convert these mp3's to so that they will play on a cd player. (he doesn't have a modern cd player that will play mp3's either) Anyone who has a clue what I should do, I will be most appreciative.

any cd burning software will allow you to create music cd's. just select music when you initially open the software. Software like ez cd creator or Nero.

i rarely use cd except when i make a mix for someone but i use itunes. you can create a playlist in itunes with all the songs you'd like to hear. you're probably limited to about 17 songs or so. then you right click on the playlist and select burn. A new dialog box will pop up, choose audio cd and burn away.

Fully

Thanks, it's been awhile since I've even considered making an audio cd that I forgot how to do it.