Main Menu

Songkick

Started by Fully, Jan 18, 2012, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

I didn't exactly know where to post this, but I figured that it is about music so I put it here. I don't know how all of you hear about shows, but I've been using a service called Songkick to help me find out about shows and keep up with shows that I've got tickets for. I like it because I can search for lots of bands in one place and I can see their schedules for nearby towns too. It's easier for me to keep track of them. If you are interested, here's the link:
http://www.songkick.com/home

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Jan 18, 2012, 08:24 PM
I didn't exactly know where to post this, but I figured that it is about music so I put it here. I don't know how all of you hear about shows, but I've been using a service called Songkick to help me find out about shows and keep up with shows that I've got tickets for. I like it because I can search for lots of bands in one place and I can see their schedules for nearby towns too. It's easier for me to keep track of them. If you are interested, here's the link:
http://www.songkick.com/home

Nice find.  I don't know why I didn't look for something like this before.  I notice its missing some dates (ie. M. Ward in Portland, ME for May 5).  And, of course, there's this place.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Well, I have to admit that there have been times that I've bought tickets to a show and then forgot that I did it and ended up missing the show. So it's nice to have someplace where I can track all of my shows that I'm going to. I could just use my outlook calendar, but I like this better.

APR

Songkick is awesome.  I recommend the app as well.  It gathers your music from iTunes.  And then on the app you can see who is coming to your city -- or any city that you put as "your location".  And under "Your Artists" you can see who is on tour and where/when they will be playing.

I check it all the time just out of curiosity to see who is on the road.  You can also enter a city to see a rundown of every show/venue in that city.

YYac is correct as it does miss some shows and I have no idea why.  So it's not 100%.  But it does include tiny venues and small bands all the way to big shows at stadiums/festivals/arenas.